EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR (MAT LEAVE)
Assists senior staff to provide support and direct care to children under six yrs old, including special needs children to stimulate and develop their intellectual, physical and emotional growth.
- Early Childhood Education Certificate required
- Special Needs Certificate preferred
- First Aid Certificate required
- Experience working with children in a child care setting
- Class 4 drivers license an asset
- Completion of a clear Criminal Record Check by the Criminal Records Review Act. Required
- Character/Work references.
- Additional language/s, and experience in working in a multicultural environment is an asset
- Works with staff, parents, and other professionals to assist children with their needs promoting their social, physical, intellectual, creative, and emotional growth.
- Ensure that all safety standards are implemented and maintained.
- Establish and maintain positive daily communication with parents, children, and staff.
- Program plans, prepares and carries out developmentally appropriate programs and activities.
- Conducts activities with children on an individual and group basis to promote the development of all the children’s needs.
- Attends to children’s physical needs.
- Maintains confidentiality, keeps records, and reports problems or concerns to senior staff.
- To follow LMNHS and CDC’s policy, procedures, philosophy and mission statement.
- Keeps program facilities and equipment safe and clean, reporting any repairs and concerns to senior staff.
- A team player, someone punctual, organized, takes initiative, and is fun loving
- Performs other related duties as required.
Salary & Benefits:
Remuneration: $18.38 per hour plus full employer paid benefits after a successful 3 months probationary period as per collective agreement CUPE local 1936.
This position requires Union membership.
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Position End Date:
- January 31st, 2020
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- 35 hr per week shift vary between 7:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Application Closing Date:
- January 16th, 2019 (or until filled)
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application, Fax Application, Other
- Other Application Instructions:
Geraldine Clevette, Child Care Manager
Address: 3981 Main Street
Vancouver, BC V5V 3P3
SORRY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
We are an equal opportunity employer