Early Childhood Educator - Maternity Leave Contract
- Valid ECE License to practice with a valid First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in licensed daycare
- Knowledge of The Reggio Emilia approach
- Success implementing licensing requirements
- Minimum age 19 years (as per licensing regulations)
- Planning, organizational, leadership, and communication skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multi-programmed environment and with families
- Ability to work cooperatively in a non-profit and volunteer-based organization
- Attitudes and values which are compatible with the goals and philosophy of Kitsilano Neighbourhood House
- Willingness to engage in the development and implementation of special events and celebrations hosted by the Neighbourhood House.
- Creativity, initiative, enthusiasm, flexibility and a good sense of humor.
Kitsilano Neighbourhood House is a Reggio-inspired 25 place daycare for 3 – 5 year olds. We are seeking a motivated and experienced Early Childhood Educator to be part of our dynamic team, to cover a maternity leave, where your love of working with children and dedication to early childhood education, to young children and to their families will flourish.
Ideally you must have knowledge and experience in emergent curriculum and an appreciation and understanding of co-learning with children. Candidates will have experience in a community-centred approach that emphasizes the natural environment and artistic expressions. We are looking for candidates who have innovative ideas about learning through play environments and can implement these ideas in a team-environment.
Salary & Benefits:
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $18.10 to $19.13 /hour +6% in lieu of benefits
Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC (ANHBC) is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position. Our total compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to our staff and their family.
For more information about ANHBC and Kitsilano Neighbourhood House, please visit www.anhbc.org.
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will proactively contact those selected for interviews.
ANHBC Member Houses: Alex NH, Cedar Cottage NH, Frog Hollow NH, Gordon NH, Kitsilano NH,
Mount Pleasant NH, South Vancouver NH and Sasamat Outdoor Center
- Position Start Date:
- February 4th, 2019
- Position End Date:
- February 15th, 2020
- Position Notes:
- potential for 6 month extension
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- January 21st, 2019
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application