Early Childhood Educator Floater
Successful applicants will work at a various Union YMCA Child Care Centers (Metrotown YMCA Child Care Center, Mole Hill YMCA Child Care Center, False Creek YMCA Child Care Center, Beach YMCA Child Care Center, Bob and Kay Ackles Nanook House YMCA Child Care Center). Primary work location will be Metrotown YMCA Child Care Center.
- Early Childhood Educator License to Practice required
- Infant/Toddler Early Childhood Educator License an asset
- Special Needs License to Practice an asset
- High level of organizational and customer service skills
- Diplomas, certificates or other evidence of training related to child growth/development
- Experience working with children in a child care/recreational setting
- Current First Aid certificate
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date.
- To read, understand and follow all YMCA, Child Care Facility Licensing (CCFL) and legal requirements, including YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum standards
- To interact directly with the children, providing quality care and creative programming
- To assist with the planning and implementing of a consistent child-centred program, in accordance with YMCA standards.
- To establish and maintain positive daily communication and interaction with families, providing quality customer service and building meaningful relationships
- To maintain a neat, orderly, and clean environment, including all activity and program areas, common spaces, and washrooms.
- To ensure that all safety and supervision standards are implemented and maintained according to licensing and YMCA requirements.
- To release children only to those authorized by parent/guardian, to ask for identification in order to ensure that the authorized pick-up has been verified.
- To work with staff team to deliver a high quality and age appropriate programs based on the YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum and to attend all YMCA Playing to Learn professional development sessions and other training, as scheduled
- To maintain confidentiality of all information related to the centre, the children, their families, and staff.
- To maintain regular attendance, punctuality and to be appropriately dressed and well groomed.
Salary & Benefits:
$21.43 per hour + Benefits
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Other Application Instructions:
Internal Applicants: Please apply online through the ADP Workforce Now Career Center.
External Applicants: Please apply using the link below:
Application deadline: Until Filled