Infant/Toddler, Early Childhood Educator
Located in the heart of East Vancouver’s Mount Pleasant neighbourhood, the Bob & Kay Ackles YMCA Nanook House is a vibrant community-serving centre that offers a supporting, caring haven for children & parents. Designed with a community-centred approach to helping vulnerable children & families, Nanook House provides both much needed quality community programs, as well as links to community services and resources. Complete with a community room & fully functional kitchen, Nanook House offers valuable community programs to the Mount Pleasant neighbourhood.
- Early Childhood Educator License to Practice required
- Special Needs License to Practice an asset
- Experience working with challenging behaviors
- Infant/Toddler Early Childhood Educator License required
- High level of organizational and customer service skills
- Diplomas, certificates or other evidence of training related to child growth/development
- Experience working with children in a child care/recreational setting
- Current First Aid certificate
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date.
- To read, understand and follow all YMCA, Child Care Facility Licensing (CCFL) and legal requirements, including YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum standards
- To interact directly with the children, providing quality care and creative programming
- To assist with the planning and implementing of a consistent child-centred program, in accordance with YMCA standards.
- To establish and maintain positive daily communication and interaction with families, providing quality customer service and building meaningful relationships
- To maintain a neat, orderly, and clean environment, including all activity and program areas, common spaces, and washrooms.
- To ensure that all safety and supervision standards are implemented and maintained according to licensing and YMCA requirements.
- To release children only to those authorized by parent/guardian, to ask for identification in order to ensure that the authorized pick-up has been verified.
- To work with staff team to deliver a high quality and age appropriate programs based on the YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum and to attend all YMCA Playing to Learn professional development sessions and other training, as scheduled
- To maintain confidentiality of all information related to the centre, the children, their families, and staff.
- To maintain regular attendance, punctuality and to be appropriately dressed and well groomed.
Salary & Benefits:
$21.43 per hour for BC ECE License to Practice
$22.35 per hour for BC IT License to Practice
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Other Application Instructions:
Internal Applicants: Please apply online through the ADP Workforce Now Career Center.
External Applicants: Please apply using the link below:
Application deadline: Until Filled