2 Full Time Early Childhood Educator with IT
If you are interested in obtaining a position at UBC Child Care Services the following is what YOU need to know:
A successful candidate will be able:
- To work with the Senior Educator and other team members to plan and implement a quality responsive curriculum for a group of children, and
- Develop strong relationships, and communicate effectively, with children, parents and colleagues.
To be considered for the position you will need:
- To be able to apply contemporary early childhood practices in the development of an ethical ECCE philosophy and program within a team environment,
- To commit to the ECEBC Code of Ethics,
- To be engaged in exploring and implementing the goals of the BC Early Learning Framework,
- To show documented evidence of ongoing professional commitment and development, and an attitude that supports ongoing learning and self-reflection skills.
Placement on the pay scale is based on certification and having a current valid certificate for the posted position.
It is a job requirement that you show evidence of membership in our professional association ECEBC before employment. Information can be found at www.ecebc.ca/members/public/visitors/renew
- UBC Child Care Services operates over 620 spaces of licensed child care on the university of BC campus. We are looking for a licensed Early Childhood Educator with IT certification, strong caregiving skills, and the ability to excel within a team and experience working with young children.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary and Benefits
Wage for an IT licensed practitioner $21.35 to 22.10 per hour PLUS government wage initiative.
Generous Employer Paid Benefits Package that includes:
- 4 weeks paid holidays (prorated for part time),
- Generous Paid Sick Leave,
- Employer Matched Pension (4%/4%)
- Employer Paid Coverage for:
- Family BC Medical,
- Family Comprehensive Dental Coverage and a Comprehensive Extended Health Plan.
- Paid professional development time -
And if this is not enough we also offer a Great/Supportive working environment.
Please note UBC is expanding. We will add 100 spaces in 2019 and will be posting positions in all age groups by early summer.
- UBC Child Care Services is a progressive employer that values the work of care giving and the skills required to do the best job possible. If you have a vision of providing quality services for the children in your care and want to work with like-minded and committed people, be excited about going to work every day and are engaged in making your work matter to those you work for and with, then this is the place for you. Please feel welcome to ask any of our staff what it is like to work here and then apply for the position(s) you are interested in.
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application, Drop Off In Person, Fax Application
- Other Application Instructions:
FOR ANY POSITION THAT INTERESTS YOU PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CURRENT RESUME and a DETAILED COVERING LETTER THAT DESCRIBES:
- What is important to you in your work with young children and
- Why you should be considered for this position.
Submit your resume and cover letter to: Darcelle Cottons, UBC Child Care Services,
2881 Acadia Road, Vancouver, BC. V6T 1S1. E-mail Darcelle.firstname.lastname@example.org