Maternity Leave covering for senior position
An ECE with an Infant Toddler license to practice plus a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in child care
Demonstrated success in establishing and maintaining harmonious relationships with colleagues and clients
A high level of functional spoken and written English skills sufficient to ensure successful communication with staff, children and parents
Jobs at UBC CCS
If you are interested in obtaining a Senior Educator position at UBC Child Care Services the following is what YOU need to know:
A successful candidate will be able:
• To create a vision for your program and the ability to engage with the team inspiring them achieve exceptional practice.
• To develop strong relationships, and communicate effectively, with children, parents and colleagues.
• To model and implement a philosophy that reflects the organization as per www.childcare.ubc.ca/about/our-philosophy/
• To be considered for the position you will need:
• To be able to model, lead and apply contemporary early childhood practices in the development of an ethical ECCE philosophy and program within a team environment,
• To commit to the ECEBC Code of Ethics,
• To be engaged in exploring and implementing the goals of the BC Early Learning Framework,
• To show documented evidence of ongoing professional commitment and development, and an attitude that supports ongoing learning and self-reflection skills.
UBC Child Care Services is a progressive employer that values the work of care giving and the skills required to do the best job possible. If you have a vision of providing quality services for the children in your care and want to work with like-minded and committed people, be excited about going to work every day and are engaged in making your work matter to those you work for and with then this is the place for you. Please feel welcome to ask any of our staff what it is like to work here and then apply for the position(s) you are interested in.
At UBC the Senior Educators take a leadership role within their child care team, Child Care Services (CCS) and the broader community. We are looking for a qualified Early Childhood Educator with post basic training and certification. As the Team Leader you will work on the floor with your team, oversee the day to day operation of a mixed age licensed group daycare guided by UBC Child Care Services mission statement, the British Columbia Early Learning Framework (ELF) and the Early Childhood Educators of British Columbia (ECEBC) code of ethics. Responsibilities include exploring the existing program vision and philosophy in the provision of exemplary childcare in a team setting within a culturally diverse community.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary and Benefits- Senior ECE
Wage for a Senior IT Practitioner is between $25.38 and 26.24 per hr. and an additional $1/hr government wage lift.
Included is a generous 100% employer paid benefits package that includes:
4 weeks paid holidays, Pension Plan (4% matched), Generous Paid Sick Leave,
Employer Paid Coverage for:
Family BC Medical; Family Comprehensive Dental Coverage and a Comprehensive Extended Health Plan.
Paid professional development time and if this is not enough we also offer a Great/Supportive working environment.
FOR ANY POSITION THAT INTERESTS YOU PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CURRENT RESUME and a DETAILED COVERING LETTER THAT DESCRIBES:
• What is important to you in your work with young children and
• Why you should be considered for this position.
Submit your resume and cover letter to: Darcelle Cottons, UBC Child Care Services,
2881 Acadia Road, Vancouver, BC. V6T 1S1. E-mail Darcelle.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date February 12, 2019!
Please note UBC is expanding. We will add 100 spaces in 2019 and will be posting positions in all age groups by early summer.
- Position Start Date:
- March 15th, 2019
- Position End Date:
- April 1st, 2020
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application