ECE Infant Toddler Educator (Temporary)
Maternity Leave Temporary Position - Full Time
May 14th 2019 – December 3rd 2020
Infant Toddler ECE Educator 1
- Early Childhood Educator License to Practice – Required.
- Infant / Toddler Early Childhood Educator License – Required.
- Current First Aid certificate – Required.
- Special Needs License to Practice an asset.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Clear Criminal Record Check for working with children.
- Statement from a medical practitioner indicating good physical and psychological ability to work with
- Minimum 1 year experience working with children in a Licenced I.T. child care setting.
- To read, understand and follow all McGregor , Child Care Facility Licensing (CCFL) and legal requirements.
- To interact directly with the children, create strong healthy relationships, provide quality care and creative programming.
- To assist with the planning and implementing of a consistent child-centred program.
- Establish and maintain positive daily communication and interactions with children, families and co-workers.
- Ensure all safety and supervision standards are maintained according to licensing and McGregor requirements.
- To work with the staff team to deliver a high quality and age appropriate program.
- To maintain regular attendance, punctuality.
- Attend to children’s physical needs that include diapering, eating and sleeping.
- Work collaboratively with staff team to meet the goals and objectives set by the Supervisor/Manager
Salary & Benefits:
Starting at $21.54 plus $1.00/hr from ECE Wage Enhancement Initiative
McGregor Child Care has been servicing Vancouver Community College (VCC) and the community since 1972. McGregor operates two Licenced Child Care programs, an Infant/Toddler and a 3-5 program. McGregor operates in a dedicated purpose built child care space at VCC Broadway Campus.
McGregor Child Care is currently looking for a ECE I/T Educator for our Infant & Toddler program. This is a unionized Temporary full time position.
Reporting to the Program Supervisor, the ECE I/T Educator provides direct supports to the staff, families and children. The ECE I/T Educator is accountable for ensuring all day to day operations are met; including operating within licencing and legal requirements, completing scheduled shift duties, providing activities to the children in a one-on-one and a group setting.
- Position Start Date:
- May 14th, 2019
- Position End Date:
- December 3rd, 2020
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- 1155 East Broadway Vancouver, BC V5T 4V5
- Application Closing Date:
- March 15th, 2019
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Please email your cover letter and resume no later than Friday March 15th, 2019 to;