- Criminal record check
- Current first aid and CPR
- Medical letter
- Experience in a preschool setting is an asset
- Working collaboratively with our other teacher creating and implementing a play based curriculum
- Setting up the classroom each day, ensuring a safe environment
- Purchasing supplies for the classroom as needed, creating a visually vibrant classroom
- Communicating with families each day and assisting in problem solving with the support of the executive committee and fellow teacher
- Leading circle time as needed
- Assisting the Enrolment chair with registration enquiries
Salary & Benefits:
Based on experience and the council for Parent Participation Preschools salary guidelines. Benefits, sick pay and vacation pay included. We follow the VSB calendar including holidays.
Dunbar Memorial Preschool is seeking a motivated, caring teacher to work alongside our Supervisor teacher. Dunbar Memorial Preschool has been in the Dunbar community for over 60 years. We are situated in the Dunbar community center and share the benefits of being in a vibrant community setting that is stable and supported by the community. We are a parent involvement preschool that embraces a play based approach to early education of toddler and preschool age children. Our ratio is 1:8 for our 3/4class and 1:4 for our 2’s class.
Hours are 830-1230 Monday to Friday except on Wednesday and Thursday hours are 830-230pm. We run an outdoor class after our morning class on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons.
- Position Start Date:
- September 3rd, 2019
- Position Notes:
- Contract can be renewed each year
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application