The West End Community Centre is seeking a Licensed Preschool Supervisor
- A valid ECE Certificate (Post Basic ECE or Diploma preferred).
- A current License to Practice as an ECE from Community Care Facilities Branch in British Columbia
- Current first aid and CPR certificate as per Child Care Licensing Regulations.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Demonstrated cultural competency within a highly diverse, mixed-income community.
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of Arts (ie. drama, art, voice, etc) and physical activities (ie. games, dance, gross motor, etc).
- Have strong skills in conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Ability to use basic computer software programs ie. Microsoft applications.
- Food Safe Certificate an asset.
- A second language is an asset.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Subject to a police record search clearance.
- 2 years of ECE work experience is preferred
- Assist the Senior Preschool Supervisor to develop, implement and oversee a range of develpmentally appropriate activities for preschool children including special events and field trips.
- The supervisor will share in the responsibility to plan and implement developmentally appropriate monthly thematic circle time activities and art activities.
- Ensure guidance of children's behaviour that encourages self-esteem.
- Plan and carry out a range of activities and programs to facilitate a preschoolers understanding of and love for learning.
- Responsible for daily room set up and organization, as well as implementation of daily activities.
- Ensure on-going communication with parents regarding their child's progress under the direction of the Senior Supervisor.
- Assist the Senior Supervisor in administrative duties as assigned (ie. monthly petty cash, newsletters, etc)
- To ensure that the program meets both health and regulatory requirements of the Community Care Facilities Act
- Works collaboratively with the Senior Preschool Supervisor, Child Care Coordinator, and Recreation Programmer.
Salary & Benefits:
Starting wage is $22.98/hr plus benefits.
This is a unionized position - CUPE Local 15 - Little Sprout preschool
The West End Community Centre is seeking a Licensed Preschool Supervisor. This position will start in September 2019 on a full time basis and is subject to a probationary period of 90 working days. The Supervisor will be responsible for assisting the Senior Preschool Supervisor in the planning and implementation of preschool programs for the licensee - The West End COmmunity Centre Association.
This is a licensed Preschool with a total of 40 enrolled children (20 children maximum per class). Our ratio is 2 ECE co-leaders per 20 children.
The West End Community Centre Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All candidates will be contatced, thank you in advance for your interest.
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Please email your resume and certification directly to Christina Tucker, Child Care Coordinator at The West End Community Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org