Early Childhood Educator
Faith Lutheran Preschool is looking for a motivated, energetic and caring new team member.
Faith Lutheran Preschool is operated by Faith Lutheran Preschool Society, a not for profit society. Our purpose is to provide a quality play based preschool program for 3 – 5 year old children that emphasizes social skills and Kindergarten readiness. The Preschool provides children with the opportunity to grow and learn in an environment that allows them to develop, through play, as fully as possible in the areas of emotional, social, creative, intellectual, and physical development.
- An active and valid ECE or ECEA license
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Medical Letter
- Criminal Record Check
- Able to work cooperatively with staff and parents
- Able to work independently and follow direction well
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience in a preschool setting is an asset
- Provide continuous and attentive supervision of children.
- Work collaboratively with our other teacher creating and implementing a play based curriculum that is engaging to children.
- Adhere to licensing requirements and program policies and procedures.
- Provide and maintain a safe, secure, organized and clean learning environment both in the classroom and outdoors.
- Ensure that health, safety and all standards are met according to regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to children, families, and staff
- Prepare and maintain daily attendance, documentation and other reports/records as required.
- Contribute to a work environment where individual differences, strengths and weaknesses are acknowledged and respected, model behaviors that motivate and inspire the team
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary: Based on qualifications and experience plus $1 wage enhancement.
Benefits: Two weeks paid Winter Holiday, one week paid Spring Break, paid sick days, 4% holiday pay, yearly budget towards Professional Development, monthly workshop day for program planning.
- Position Start Date:
- August 26th, 2019
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Please email your cover letter and resume outlining your experience and education to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until a successful candidate has been hired. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.