Early Childhood Educator - Casual
Toddlers and preschoolers
- Valid 5-year ECE License to practice certificate;
- At least 6 months of previous experience working with children in a group childcare setting;
- Standard first aid training and CPR training are required.
- Previous multicultural or cross-cultural experience;
- Capability of understanding developmental indicators and be highly sensitive to the needs of young children;
- High degree of comfort around communicating with staff, children and parents/caregivers, as applicable.
- Be alert and responsive to children’s needs at all times;
- Foster a caring, safe and positive learning environment;
- Lead children in activities such as telling stories, teaching songs and leading discussions;
- Under the direction of the Childcare Coordinator, you will implement daily activities which relate to programming, and ensure that all activities are developmentally appropriate;
- Ensure the safety and hygiene of all children;
- Immediately report any instances of child neglect and/or abuse to the Childcare Coordinator.
Salary & Benefits:
Grid 10; $19.45 - $22.65/hr. Classification Under Review
This position requires union membership. A Criminal Record Check is a requirement of employment.
DIVERSEcity is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process may contact our HR department at email@example.com. Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Employment Term:
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Other Application Instructions:
Please apply to the job opening ID 1980 on the DCRS careers site www.dcrs.ca/work-with-us/. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.