Multi-Location Early Childhood Educator
Special Needs certificate is an asset.
A criminal record check will be required and references will be contacted.
Strong preference will be given to candidates who have, or who are currently enrolled in the Infant Toddler certificate program as well as experience working in a child care facility. Special Needs certificate is an asset. Knowledge and experience with current practice and theory including co-constructed curriculum and documentation preferable. Individual will be a team player, interested in maintaining a positive and supportive learning environment. Individual will be willing to work as needed in any of the four child care centres we operate. Flexibility to extend hours as required by the centres would be an asset.
A valid clear criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations) is required.
This position is responsible for providing child care under supervision in addition to the responsibilities listed below.
- Charting all information (re child's day);
- Updating as to where each child is, who needs what
- Greet all parents and children when they arrive;
- Know and follow each child's individual schedule;
- Give and receive information to other staff members, to/from parents;
- Laundry - bibs, wash clothes etc,
- Sanitize toys, highchairs;
- Environmental set-up;
- Program planning, implementation and evaluation;
- Monitor and assess children's health;
- Monitor daily intake of food and liquids;
- Written developmental reports on the children (for staff reference and parent interest)
- Other duties as required
Salary & Benefits:
Multi-Site: This individual must be willing to work at all 4 of YWCA’s Early Learning and Care Centres (Emma’s, Crabtree Corner, Leslie Diamond, Citygate)
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Position End Date:
- July 31st, 2020
- Employment Type:
- Part Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- July 8th, 2019
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Candidates are invited to send resumes by July 8, 2019 to:
Mariko Ikeda, Children Services