Auxiliary (Substitute) Early Childhood Educator
Infant/Toddler & 3-5 Years
- Experience working with children in a child care setting
- Current First Aid certificate
- Consent to Criminal Record Check
- Statement form medical practitioner indicating good physical and psychological ability to work with children
- Proof of immunization and tuberculosis vaccinations
- Team player; flexible, punctual, reliable with good communication skills
- To follow all McGregor policies, Licensing and legal requirements.
- To interact directly with the children, providing quality care and creative programming.
- To establish and maintain positive daily communication and interactions with children and staff.
- Working in a team to create developmentally appropriate programming
- Maintain a neat, orderly and clean environment.
- Ensure all safety and supervision standards are implemented and maintained.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to the center, children, families and staff.
Salary & Benefits:
$16.96hr - $17.49/hr + 9.4% in lieu of vacations and holidays. ($18.55 - $19.13)
McGregor Child Care has been servicing Vancouver Community College (VCC) and the community since 1972. McGregor operates two programs, an Infant/Toddler and a 3-5 program. Both programs operate in dedicated purpose built child care space at VCC Broadway Campus.
Under the direction of the centre’s Supervisor, the Casual Early Childhood Educator will work directly with infants and toddlers and/or children from 3-5 years of age in a Licenced group setting. McGregor is dedicated to the positive growth and development of all children, families and staff. If you enjoy working in a friendly, family orientated atmosphere, this position will be right for you. Students expecting to complete their ECE shortly are encouraged to apply.
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application