Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Grade 12 and office administration related courses
2. At least two (2) years successful experience as an administrative assistant including reception functions and familiarity with general office equipment.
3. Demonstrated competency in utilization of agency computer hardware and software.
4. Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively, set priorities, work independently and follow instructions as appropriate and take initiative when appropriate.
5. Proven success working in a collaborative, cooperative team environment and in contributing to a positive work environment.
6. Demonstrated ability to deal tactfully and effectively with the public and maintain positive community relations.
7. Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced work environment.
8. Excellent oral and written English skills; additional language competencies an asset.
9. Some ability to work flexible days and times within the prescribed hours of work.
Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources and Administration, the Administrative Assistant provides the key entry point into the agency for callers and visitors.
Highlights of responsibilities include:
1. Providing reception and responding to, visitor/caller inquiries about the services offered at Westcoast and route inquiries to other staff members and/or direct them to external resources as appropriate.
2. Providing general administrative support to on-site staff and other admin tasks as assigned.
3. Providing assistance to staff, visitors and others in using agency equipment.
4. Following all administrative and office procedures.
5. Maintaining knowledge, skills and abilities as required by Westcoast and its Programs.
6. Performing other duties as required.
Salary & Benefits:
Grid 10, $19.45 - $22.65
Benefits: as per Collective Agreement.
Hours of Work:
9am to 5pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday and 12noon to 8pm on Thursday.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates invited to be interviewed will be contacted.
This position requires Union membership. Westcoast is an equal opportunity employer.
- Position Start Date:
- September 9th, 2019
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- 35 hours/week Monday to Friday (see notes below)
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resumes to: Director of HR & Administration at: firstname.lastname@example.org