YMCA - CCRR Consultant
The YMCA of Greater Vancouver is a charity dedicated to strengthening the foundations of community, by nurturing the potential of children, teens & young adults, promoting healthy lifestyles, fostering a sense of social responsibility and delivering lasting personal & social change. We are building a community in which a generation of children and families reach their full potential. Our values guide our decision-making and behaviour—we do the right thing, put people first, keep our promises and lead by example.
For 130 years, we have been part of the community, a place where people of every age and background find the support they need to grow in spirit, mind and body. One of the Lower Mainland’s leading charities, the YMCA of Greater Vancouver provides services in health & fitness, child care, camping, employment & community services to over 120, 000 participants annually. YMCA Child Care, Western Canada’s largest provider of licensed child care, serves over 2400 children between the ages of 6 weeks and 12 years at over 50 licensed facilities throughout the Lower Mainland.
The YMCA operates the Child Care Resource and Referral (CCRR) for the communities of New Westminster, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Anmore and Belcarra. The CCRR provides information, support, resources and referral services to families and child care providers in the community. The goal of the CCRR program is to enhance the availability and quality of a range of child care options for families.
The CCRR is funded by the Ministry of Children and Family Development.
In addition to bringing a commitment to YMCA vision and values, and an orientation to service, the candidate should possess the following competencies:
Commitment to Organization and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, outcomes and values of the YMCA.
Leadership: Motivates and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes.
Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner.
Creativity and Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to improve programs and service.
Team Work: The ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal results.
Product Knowledge: Thorough understanding of the components required in providing quality care.
- Early Childhood Educator Certificate required
- Infant/Toddler Educator Special Needs Educator Certificates are an asset
- Additional courses/training related to child growth and development as asset
- 3 years experience in child care including direct experience working with children
- Current First Aid certificate and Criminal Record Check Required
- Administrative experience, background in customer service, computers and general office procedures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and manage time effectively in a fast paced changing environment
- Ability to speak additional languages is an asset
- Use of personal vehicle required
Nature & Scope:
Under the direction of the CCRR Program Supervisor, the CCRR Consultant will implement and ensure the delivery of CCRR services in the communities of New Westminster, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Anmore and Belcarra.
- To know, understand and maintain all BC Government CCRR Program Standards
- To know, understand, and maintain all YMCA of Greater Vancouver legal requirements
- To work in collaboration and partnership and maintain positive working relationships with other community agencies and service providers
- To provide strong customer services and support to those individuals and organizations utilizing the services of the CCRR program
- To provide child care information, consultations and referrals to families
- To provide referrals to community programs, services and resources
- To plan and implement outreach activities to child care providers and families
- To provide consultation, networking, training, and resource development to child care providers
- To recruit, register, and conduct home visits of Registered Licence Not Required Family Child Care providers
- To provide administrative support
- To perform other related duties as required and be flexible to a changing work environment
- To work as part of the CCRR team and maintain positive communications with staff
- To maintain regular attendance, punctuality and to be appropriately dressed and well –groomed
- To maintain a neat, orderly, and clean work environment
Salary & Benefits:
Salary: $42,063.32 Annual + Benefits
Date Posted: September 3, 2019
Position Title: CCRR Consultant
Location: YMCA Child Care Resource & Referral Centres (Tri-Cities Location, with some shifts at Burnaby/New Westminster Location as required)
Terms 35 hours/week – CCRR MCFD contract is fiscal, currently March 2019-March 2020.
Shift: 9:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday-Friday (including some evening & some Saturday shifts as required)
Salary: $42,063.32 Annual + Benefits
Start Date: As soon as possible
Reports to: CCRR Program Supervisor
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Position Notes:
- March 2020 - Fiscal MCFD Contract
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- September 13th, 2019 (or until filled)
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Internal applicants: Please apply online through the ADP Workforce Now Career Center
External applicants: Please apply by clicking HERE
Application Deadline: September 13, 2019
Due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted after the posting has closed.