- Willingess to provide emergent programming based on the principles of the Reggio Emilia approach
- Knowledge of the Early Learning Framework (BC)
- Strength in building and maintaining supportive and collaborative partnerships with families
- Passion for constant learning in partnership with children, families and colleagues
- An eagerness to work as part of a collaborative, supportive and dynamic team in a non-profit and volunteer-based organization
- Creativity, initiative, enthusiasm and a sense of humor
- Passion for ongoing professional development and growth
- Ability to work in a multicultural and inclusive environment
- Strong planning, organizational, leadership and communication skills
- First Aid Certificate
- Second language is an asset
Frog Hollow Neighbourhood House is looking for a caring, passionate and flexible individual to join our dynamic child care team as a Preschool Early Childhood Educator. Our team is passionate and inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach and we apply its principles and values in concert with the values of FHNH. We are a Learning Centre with amazing opportunities for professional development and for collaborative efforts with other educators and with the community as a whole. As a member of the Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC (ANHBC), FHNH is recognized for our innovative and inclusive approach in working with staff, volunteers and community.
The Preschool Early Childhood Educator is responsible for the provision of quality care and education for the children in our Preschool programs. We are an inclusive, multicultural, dynamic and collaborative child care setting which includes working with other educators to plan and implement a progressive and innovative program inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach. Other responsibilities include developing strong relationships and communication with children, families and colleagues, and implementing high standards of care and supervision that promote the well being of all children.
Salary & Benefits:
$19.13-$20.25/hr (plus $1.00 WE) plus paid sick time, vacation time (3 weeks in first year) plus 50% coverage of Group Medical Benefits: MSP within first full month and after 3 months EH, Dental, and after 1 year excellent Company Pension Plan. We also offer amazing professional development opportunities!
Hours of Work: 8:45 to 1:45 Monday to Friday plus 2 hrs for mtg and admin per week
ANHBC is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position. Our total compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to our staff and their family.
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Position Notes:
- As soon as position is filled
- Employment Type:
- Part Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application