Facility: McGregor Child Care Society
Type of Child Care 3 - 5 Years
Qualifications Post Basic ECE
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Email.
- Knowledge of children's development, agency policies and human resources procedures.
- High standard of professionalism.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen and respond appropriately.
- High energy level with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to maintain trust and confidential information.
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Able to work evenings and weekends occasionally, as required.
- Current and valid British Columbia ECE Child Care License.
- Child Safe First Aid Certificate.
- Proof of recent TB check and written verification of physical and mental good health as stated by a qualified physician.
- A satisfactory current Criminal record check for working with vulnerable sectors will be a condition of employment.
- 2 years’ experience in a supervisory position.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with children and families in a licensed group childcare program for 3-5 year olds.
- Responsible for the daily functioning of the program following Center goals, Policies and Procedures, Health and Safety Standards and Licencing requirements.
- Support the work and direction of McGregor as directed by the Board and Management.
- Maintain full enrolment of the centre and coordinate in-centre transfers to the 3-5 year old program.
- Schedule and conduct parent meetings and orientations.
- Secure supplies, food and equipment as necessary for the centre within established budget.
- Coordinate practicum and volunteer placements.
- Work cooperatively as a member of a team and discuss and deal with any issues relating to the staff, parents or children, as they arise.
- Prepare agenda and lead staff meetings and record minutes.
- Responsible for the scheduling of staff and substitutes and maintain required staff/child ratio.
- Liaison with Special Needs Worker, Supervisors, Manager and other stakeholders regarding activities involving the program and whole centre.
- Develop, direct and supervise the daily program for the children both in an integrated group and one/one setting with respect to the physical, intellectual, emotional and social needs and development of the children.
- Work directly with the children.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary: $23.04/hr - $24.78/hr depending on education & experience.
- Position Start Date:
- December 16th, 2019
- Position End Date:
- August 31st, 2011
- Position Notes:
- This position is expected to begin on December 16th or sooner.
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- 1155 East Broadway - Vancouver Community College Vancouver, BC V5T 4V5
- Application Closing Date:
- October 23rd, 2019
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Please email your cover letter and resume no later than Wednesday October 23rd 2019 to;