Preschool Educator Supervisor
- Passion in working in the field of childcare in a non-profit organization with a desire to grow in this field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a licensed preschool setting.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience.
- ECE diploma/degree, Special Needs ECE certificate/diploma & ECE & Special Needs License to Practice.
- Valid First Aid & Food Safe. Clear Criminal Record and Dr's note upon hire required.
- Sound knowledge of child development and experience working with children with special needs.
- Able to build strong relationships with the children, families, consultants, school staff and other community members.
- Excellent leadership, communication and organizational skills.
- Able to multitask and problem solve.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365.
- Second language in Punjabi, Chinese or Tagalog an asset.
- Knowledge of South Vancouver community and resources an asset.
South Vancouver Neighbourhood House is seeking an energetic, creative and experienced Supervisor to lead Poppins Preschool. The Preschool Supervisor will work under the general direction of the ECD & Childcare Director to supervise program. Specific areas of responsibilities include:
- Plays a leadership role in the team to organize and direct daily activities.
- Assists in leading the team in planning, developing, evaluating and implementing a responsive curriculum that is Reggio inspired, inclusive and developmentally appropriate.
- Ensures the program follows the Vancouver Coastal Health Childcare Licensing standards and SVNH program policies and procedures.
- Assists in planning, organizing and coordinating resources, equipment and supplies in order to ensure smooth delivery of the program.
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with other community service providers.
- Ensures the children's files are complete and up to date and proper attendance keeping. Writes program reports and keeps other program related documentations in place.
- Trains new staff and supervise practicum students and volunteers.
- Communicates and promotes program information both internally and externally.
- Lead Preschool/Childcare fundraising projects.
- Purchases materials and supplies for the program.
- Participates in ongoing internal and external professional development.
Salary & Benefits:
- Schedule: Monday to Friday, 35hrs/week
- Type: Regular full time
- Wage: $21.00 – $22.20/hour (dependent upon qualifications) plus benefits plan and funding for professional development
The Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position. Our total compensation and benefits package reflect our commitment to our staff and their family. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- February 24th, 2020 (or until filled)
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application