Child Care Consultant
- Early Childhood Education and/or equivalent education and one year previous experience working with young children and parents
- Current Level I First Aid certificate
- A valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with computer applications (particularly: Windows XP, Excel, Database management)
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and manage time effectively in a fast paces changing environment
- Proficiency in written, oral and interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated effectiveness as part of a staff team
- Knowledge and understanding of current child care practice, issues, trends and community resources
- Demonstrated knowledge of cultural and family diversity and understanding of multiple barriers to accessing services
- Second language ability an asset
The CCRR Child Care Consultant is responsible for promoting the BC Affordable Child Care Benefit program and supporting parents and caregivers in accessing the program. This position responds to enquiries from families, the child care community and the general public on a wide range of issues regarding early childhood care and education. Conducts referrals for families seeking child care.
- Promotes the Child Care Options Resource and Referral, the Child Care BC Affordable Child Care Benefit program and other child care related services in the community
- Assists parents and care providers in completing the Affordable Child Care Benefit application and claim forms and provides assistance with the public computer
- Provides information sessions on the Affordable Child Care Benefit and how to apply for it to individual parents, parent groups, care providers and students
- Responds to enquiries from families, the child care community and the general public seeking information on all issues related to children and families
- Responds to enquiries from parents and guardians seeking child care and makes referrals to local care providers and other child care services based on the parents’ and child’s specific needs. Answers questions and provides consultation on how to evaluate and choose child care options
Some Evenings and Saturday Hours Required
Resumes will be reviewed starting March 11, 2020 but the posting will remain open until filled and will close without notice.
NOTE: Applicants not selected for an interview will not necessarily be notified.
Options Community Services Society is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. OCS Posting #:A21519
* An eligibility list will be maintained for up to 6 months.
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Part Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
PLEASE APPLY TO:
Sharlene Wedel, Program Manager
Options Community Services Society
No phone calls please. Please include a cover letter clearly indicating the posting number [#A21519] and outlining your qualifications and related experience for the position.