Montessori/ ECE Teacher
Monarch Montessori School (MMS) is dedicated to providing a nurturing and inspiring learning environment for our children. Our goal is to deliver a rich program entrenched in Montessori principles which foster independence, confidence and a love of learning. Our school is located in Vancouver west side and convenient in commuting.
MMS is seeking a full time Montessori Director and a Montessori assistant Casa teacher for September 2020 with the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Teaching, Education, or a related discipline is recommended.
- ECE and/or Accredited Montessori Teacher with an AMI, AMS or a MACTE approved diploma; native English speaker is an asset
- ECEA and/or Montessori training for Teacher Assistant
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative, positive and warm approach to teaching
- Working experience with young children at least 2 years
- Adaptable and able to work effectively as part of a team
- Current criminal reference check
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate
- Updated immunization record
- Creating and maintaining a safe, clean, stimulating classroom where all children feel safe and valued.
- Establishing rapport and building relationships with students based on trust.
- Setting an excellent example for children and instilling good values in them like honesty, accountability, understanding, tolerance, respect, love, and kindness.
- Monitoring and assessing student progress and writing up reports.
- Ensuring classroom supplies and equipment are available and in working condition.
- Updating records on the school file.
- Participating in school activities and accompanying children on field trips.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competetive salary
- Extended health benefits
- Bonus after 2 years
- Position Start Date:
- September 1st, 2020
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- 40 hours
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
We invite interested applicants to email us with a cover letter, resume, one personal and two professional references.