Early Childhood Educator/ Assistant Early Childhood Educator
Hilltop Christian Childcare Center is accepting applications for Early Childhood Educators and Early Childhood Educator Assistants. The applicant needs to be a Christian, flexible, and have a desire to work in a Reggio Emilia inspired program. This is a permanent job.
Some of the responsibilities are: design and follow a schedule of activities and discover suitable teaching material; provide basic care and caregiving activities; produce regular documentation of the children’s experiences; lead teaching with regard to the Bible; and demonstrate a culturally sensitive approach to dealing with parents, while still enforcing the guidelines set out by the center.
- Licensed Early Childhood Educator or Early Childhood Educator Assistant
-Infant Toddler Certification (not required but would be an asset)
-Valid First Aid Certificate
-Criminal Record Check
-1 year of work experience
- Design and follow a schedule of activities and discover suitable teaching material
- Provide basic care and caregiving activities
- Demonstrate a culturally sensitive approach to dealing with parents, while still enforcing the guidelines set out by the center
- Lead open ended experiences with ease and enthusiasm
- Produce regular documentation of the children’s experiences
- Observe and support children
- Lead teaching with regard to the Bible
Salary & Benefits:
- Approximately $17.00–$17.50 – Depending on experience and qualifications. On top of that, we opt in with the Government Wage Enhancement, which is an additional $2.00/hour.
- Sick days: 4% of the annual income as paid sick days each calendar year
- Vacation: 2 weeks paid vacation will be provided as required by the Employment Standards Act and it’s regulations (currently 4% for the first 5 years of service)
- Life and Health insurance: After three months of successful probation, employees are enrolled in the health and life insurance plan at no cost to the employee. Insurance plan includes life insurance, extended medical and dental coverage.
- 40 hours per week; Monday to Friday; 8 hours a day with a 1 hour break
- Position Start Date:
- August 24th, 2020
- Position Notes:
- August 24th, or first week of September
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- 40 hours
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Please email your reume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.