Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in ECE or Child Development is preferred
- Valid license ECE BC for early childhood educators
- At least 3 years of experience as ECE is required
Reporting to the Director, the Daycare supervisor is responsible for providing and sustaining a positive learning environment for children. The role will also ensure that the education programs can meet with the government regulations.
The Daycare supervisor’s duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Business operations:
- Implement and supervise strategies and policies to ensure the provision of a safe environment for all children and staff including preventative maintenance and staff/management meetings dealing with risks.
- Meeting with parents, registration of new enrollment.
- Attend to inspections and visits of the Licensing, health authority and other official government authorities.
- Preparing weekly schedule for all staff and ensuring ratios are always met.
- Implementing activities for the children in the program to promote the creative, intellectual, social, emotional and physical growth of each child attending the program.
- Communicates with parents about student issues such as behavioral or learning problems and other daycare-related concerns, which may include child safety, policies, curriculum or fee.
- Providing shift coverage when needed.
- Under the guidance of the Director, Business and Strategy, the role will support the human resource functions of the location such as recruitment, employee relations, health and safety, performance management, discipline and termination.
- Provide training and professional development for staff members.
- 3. Budget and Financial
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate the attainment and use of supplies necessary for the efficient and effective operation of the facility in conjunction with company policies and procedures.
- Maximize revenue by providing quality services and maintaining optimal occupancy and market rates.
4*. Regulatory Compliance*
- Ensure compliance with childcare licensing standards.
- Review, develop and implement ECEBC policies and practices.
- Liaise with various governing bodies when required
- Ensure the confidentiality of information relating to children, families, staff, financial arrangements and results
- Other duties as assigned
Salary & Benefits:
- Criminal record check and vulnerable persons search
- Must be willing to work the hours necessary to ensure the effective operation of the facility
- References: 2 work references, 2 character references
- Must be prepared to respond to emergency situations
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application