Toddler Program Supervisor
South Vancouver Neighbourhood House (SVNH) will be operating a new licensed 37 space childcare centre located at Fraser and Marine Drive this Fall. We are seeking a creative, caring and passionate
Toddler Program Supervisor.
- Valid Infant/Toddler ECE Licence issued by the BC ECE Registry
- Valid Special Needs ECE an asset
- Valid First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Criminal Record Check
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience in licensed childcare
- Excellent planning, organizational, leadership, and communication skills
- Good knowledge of the Reggio Emilia approach to early childhood education & BC Early Learning Framework
- Ability to work cooperatively in a non-profit & volunteer-based organization
- Attitudes and values which are compatible with the goals & philosophy of SVNH
- Ability to work in a diverse and inclusive environment and with families & community partners
- Second language in Cantonese, Mandarin, Tagalog, Punjabi, or Hindi an asset
- Working knowledge of MS 365 an asset
- Creativity, enthusiasm, critical thinking, and flexibility
- Leads the staff team to plan, evaluate, and implement daily activities in line with Reggio Emilia philosophy that support and promote the development of the whole child.
- Participates in daily programming, teaching and maintaining health, safety and well-being of children
- Nurture a Reggio Inspired learning environment
- Assists in planning, organizing and coordinating resources, equipment and supplies in order to ensure proper delivery of the program
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with other community service providers
- Writes program reports and keeps other program related documentations in place
- Communicate and promote program information both internally and externally
- Assists in actively participating in, orienting and coaching staff and volunteers of the program in consultation with the Director
- Provide reference and guidance to staff and volunteers of the program in interpreting relevant policies and procedures
- Ensures licensing requirements are met for the childcare program.
- Participate in ongoing internal and external professional development
Salary & Benefits:
- Schedule: Monday to Friday, 35hrs/week between the hours of 7:30am to 5:30pm
- Type: Regular full time
- Wage: $23.97/hr plus $2.00/hour MCFD Wage Enhancement
- Benefits: Excellent benefit package including vacation, paid sick-time, medical extended health, dental, pension plans and professional development opportunities
As a non-for-profit organization, Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC (ANHBC) childcare programs are committed to the BC Early Learning Framework, focusing on the areas of Well-being and Belonging: Exploration and Creativity; Languages and Literacies; Social Responsibility and Diversity.
We believe that children are capable individuals who observe the world around them, gather information through natural paly and rich interactions, and that children develop best at their own pace, in an atmosphere of respect and acceptance. Partnership and collaborative relationships are core values in our approach, and we engage families in policy development, program planning and day-to-day channels and discoveries.
We are committed to providing a workplace that fosters; a sense of belonging, opportunities for leaning, collaboration, empowerment, creativity, and innovation.
ANHBC is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals form all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the positions. Our total compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to our staff and their family.
For more information about ANHBC and South Vancouver Neighbourhood House, please visit www.anhbc.org.
- Position Start Date:
- September 1st, 2021
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- June 18th, 2021
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
To Apply: Please email cover letter and resume with subject line “ECE - SVNH” by 5pm on June 18, 2021, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will proactively contact those selected for interviews.