Early Childhood Educator Assistant
The ECE Assistant will work inour Centre's licensed and academic programs in collaboration with classroom Teachers of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Speech Language Pathologists and Early Childhood Educators. The ECEA will be responsible for providing supervision in our classrooms as well as supporting program staff with various tasks in and out of the classroom.
- Early Childhood Education Assistant Certificate
- Current BC License to Practice
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C Certification
- Clean Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
- Experience working with children in a child care/educational/recreational setting an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of complex learning needs of children, hearing loss, organizations and service providers serving children and families (or willingness to learn).
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a variety of classrooms
- Supervising children in the classroom and on the playground
- With training, assist in monitoring children’s amplification technology including hearing aids and implants
- Supporting language development as directed by the classroom teacher, SLPs and other members of the team
- Provide positive behavioural support in collaboration with individual children’s learning teams
- Supporting social development
- Participate in professional development to keep certification current
Salary & Benefits:
Salary will be dependent on experience, ranging from $18 to $20 per hour, including pension and a comprehensive benefit plan.
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Part Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- 30 hours per week Monday to Friday from 9.00 to 5.00. Occasional after hour activities in support of Centre.
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application, Drop Off In Person, Fax Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Please send resume with a cover letter to:
3575 Kaslo Street