Cancelled: Building Awareness of Disabilities
Cancelled: Location: Kitsilano Neighbourhood House, 2305 W 7th Ave., Vancouver, BC.
This session will support participants in understanding disabilities to enhance awareness of communication disorders, vision impairments, learning disabilities, autism and physical disabilities. Participants will also learn about helpful resources they can access for adapting environments that support early learning and successful inclusion.
- Enhance awareness of various types of disabilities.
- Have a discussion about inclusion.
- Learn about available resources to adapt environments and support children and families.
« Suitable for students, parents, novice, intermediate and experienced early learning child care professionals working with children of all ages, from infant/toddlers to school age children, including children with extra support needs.
Presenter: Andrea James. Andrea has been an Early Childhood Educator for the last 30 years and is currently an ECE instructor at Langara College. Her keen interests lie in the area of inclusive practice and the importance of relationship development when working with young children.
- Requests for cancellations must be received at least 3 business days prior to the workshop/course date to get a refund, minus any Administration Fees.
- All refunds are subject to a $10 Administration Fee except for workshops/courses that are $100 or more, which have a $25 Administration Fee.
- No monies will be refunded or credits offered once the workshop/course starts, or if it's missed.
- Westcoast may cancel a workshop/course at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund.
- By submitting this online participants declare they have read, understood and agree with this policy.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop description and objectives and make sure the training selected is suitable to their learning needs. If you have a question, call us before registering.
- Only Vancouver CCRR Registered LNRs or Vancouver Licensed Family Child Care Providers qualify to pay the FCC Fee and will need a Promo Code received by email to register. Be sure to use this promo code when registering, as no fee adjustments can be made after registration is confirmed.
- Seats are limited. Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Payment must be made at time of registration to reserve your seat.
- Mark dates on your calendar. We will send you an email reminder. Check your email before the workshop.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to presenter and participants.
- Latecomers who arrive after 15 minutes may not be admitted and will not receive a certificate.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop time. Please make child care arrangements.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop to receive a certificate of participation, which will be provided at the end.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop date.
- These are non-credit workshops (cannot be applied towards the completion of a certificate, diploma or degree).
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- If you have questions about a certificate being accepted by the ECE Registry, please contact them at 1-888-338-6622 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or find out more online.