Child Care Licensing Regulation: The What and the Why?
Location: 2772 East Broadway, Vancouver, BC.
Come and learn more about the Child Care Licensing Regulations and how Schedule G of the regulations and the Early Learning Framework work hand in hand. Explore where risk fits into Schedule G.
- Become more familiar with the Child Care Licensing Regulations.
- Understand the relationship between Schedule G of the Regulations and The BC Early Learning Framework.
« Suitable for students, novice, intermediate and experienced early learning child care professionals working with children of all ages, from infant/toddlers to school age children, including children with extra support needs.
« Bring a bag lunch (½ hour lunch).
Presenters: Glenda Burrows & Cindy Devlin.
Cindy is part of the Licensing Team on the North Shore for close to 15 years. Cindy received her Early Childhood Education more than 20 years ago and worked in the field for several years while continuing her education through the University of Victoria where she achieved her BA in Child and Youth Care. Over time, Cindy has discovered, it is through relationships and experiences that the greatest understanding of how to support and work with children, families and care providers is found.
Glenda has been an Early Childhood Educator for over 35 years and a Licensing Officer for 21 years has worked as a Licensing Officer in Northern Health, Interior Health and for Vancouver Coastal Health, as the Senior Child Care Licensing Officer for the past 13 years. Glenda's work with Licensing has provided enriched opportunities to work with licensees and licence child care programs in Urban and Rural settings as well as taking her to remote communities with extensive experience with First Nations communities. Glenda was seconded to the Ministry of Health working with the Director of Licensing during the revision of the Child Care Regulations in 2005. Glenda currently serves as a volunteer Director of Early Childhood Educators of British Columbia and all their programs to enhance the Early Childhood Education and Care Sector.
- Requests for cancellations must be received at least 3 business days prior to the workshop/course date to get a refund, minus any Administration Fees.
- All refunds are subject to a $10 Administration Fee except for workshops/courses that are $100 or more, which have a $25 Administration Fee.
- No monies will be refunded or credits offered once the workshop/course starts, or if it's missed.
- Westcoast may cancel a workshop/course at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund.
- By submitting this online participants declare they have read, understood and agree with this policy.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop description and objectives and make sure the training selected is suitable to their learning needs. If you have a question, call us before registering.
- Only Vancouver CCRR Registered LNRs or Vancouver Licensed Family Child Care Providers qualify to pay the FCC Fee and will need a Promo Code received by email to register. Be sure to use this promo code when registering, as no fee adjustments can be made after registration is confirmed.
- Seats are limited. Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Payment must be made at time of registration to reserve your seat.
- Mark dates on your calendar. We will send you an email reminder. Check your email before the workshop.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to presenter and participants.
- Latecomers who arrive after 15 minutes may not be admitted and will not receive a certificate.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop time. Please make child care arrangements.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop to receive a certificate of participation, which will be provided at the end.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop date.
- These are non-credit workshops (cannot be applied towards the completion of a certificate, diploma or degree).
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- If you have questions about a certificate being accepted by the ECE Registry, please contact them at 1-888-338-6622 or email email@example.com or find out more online.