Children Have Stress Too
Learning to handle stress is an important life skill for everyone. Developed by the Psychology Foundation of Canada, this training teaches educators to help children enhance their physical, mental, emotional and behavioural coping skills, thinking styles and key abilities during the important window of opportunity of the early years. By providing participants with more information, tools and strategies, this training will help them learn effective ways to promote positive emotional development and self-regulation in young children, and create a learning environment that reduces stress and supports children by helping them to begin to effectively cope with stress.
- Understand the impact of stress on young children.
- Learn to recognize and respond to stress in children.
- Identify the key relationships which parents and caregivers play in helping children learn to manage stress.
- Practice age-appropriate stress management techniques that help teach children to relax and become more resilient.
- Explore effective ways to promote positive emotional development and self-regulation in young children.
« Suitable for students, parents, adult instructors/administrators, novice, intermediate and experienced early care and learning professionals working with children of all ages, from infant/toddlers to school age children, including children with extra support needs.
Presenter: Vicki Lepper. Vicki is a facilitator for The Psychology Foundation of Canada. She facilitates workshops and networks with ECE and Child Care Providers, sharing her knowledge and experiences with professionals who work with children. Vicki has been providing licensed child care since 1989, is actively involved in her community and has received many awards for her exceptional work with children and families.
- Requests for cancellations must be received at least 3 business days prior to the workshop/course date to get a refund, minus any Administration Fees.
- All refunds are subject to a $10 Administration Fee except for workshops/courses that are $100 or more, which have a $25 Administration Fee.
- No monies will be refunded or credits offered once the workshop/course starts, or if it's missed.
- Westcoast may cancel a workshop/course at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund.
- By submitting this online participants declare they have read, understood and agree with this policy.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop description and objectives and make sure the training selected is suitable to their learning needs. If you have a question, call us before registering.
- Only Vancouver CCRR Registered LNRs or Vancouver Licensed Family Child Care Providers qualify to pay the FCC Fee and will need a Promo Code received by email to register. Be sure to use this promo code when registering, as no fee adjustments can be made after registration is confirmed.
- Seats are limited. Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Payment must be made at time of registration to reserve your seat.
- Mark dates on your calendar. We will send you an email reminder. Check your email before the workshop.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to presenter and participants.
- Latecomers who arrive after 15 minutes may not be admitted and will not receive a certificate.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop time. Please make child care arrangements.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop to receive a certificate of participation, which will be provided at the end.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop date.
- These are non-credit workshops (cannot be applied towards the completion of a certificate, diploma or degree).
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- If you have questions about a certificate being accepted by the ECE Registry, please contact them at 1-888-338-6622 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or find out more online.
*please review the refund & cancellation policy along with any applicable policies before registering.