Children’s Yoga and Mindfulness
Who is ready for a fun and magical yoga and mindfulness workshop for children? During this workshop you will gain tangible knowledge, tons of creative activity ideas, as well as captivating and fun yoga experiences for children. Be prepared to practice and learn to teach yoga whilst laughing, dancing, playing and singing!
• Learn why yoga is a great experience for children.
• Participate in a variety of fun yoga activities and mindfulness exercises for children.
• Discover how to build a calm environment with techniques to promote relaxation in the class/program.
Suitable for: students, parents, adult instructors/administrators, novice, intermediate and experienced early care and learning professionals working with preschool age children (3-5 years old), including children with extra support needs.
- Bring a bag lunch (½ hour lunch).
- Bring a yoga mat or a towel, a water bottle and wear comfortable clothes.
Presenter: Amy Kim. Amy has been working with children for 10 years, with a growing focus on Yoga. She brings yoga poses to life through storytelling, creative movement, singing and games in a fun and non-competitive environment. Amy is actively involved in the Vancouver yoga community, with the goal of sharing her passion for yoga with children.
- Requests for cancellations must be received at least 3 business days prior to the workshop date to get a refund, minus any Administration Fees.
- All refunds are subject to a $10 Administration Fee.
- No monies will be refunded or credits offered once the workshop starts, or if it’s missed.
- Westcoast may cancel a workshop at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop description and objectives and make sure the training selected is suitable to their learning needs. If you have a question, call us before registering.
- Only Vancouver CCRR Registered LNRs or Vancouver Licensed Family Child Care Providers qualify to pay the FCC Fee and will need a Promo Code received by email to register. Be sure to use this promo code when registering, as no fee adjustments can be made after registration is confirmed.
- Payment must be made at time of registration to reserve your seat.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to presenter and participants.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop time. Please make child care arrangements.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop to receive a certificate of participation, which will be provided at the end.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop date.
- These are non-credit workshops (cannot be applied towards the completion of a certificate, diploma or degree).
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- If you have questions about a certificate being accepted by the ECE Registry, please contact them at 1-888-338-6622 or
We may take some photographs during workshops with the purpose of promoting our training. By registering you consent to allow us or others attending to take your photograph. If it’s okay with the facilitator, you may photograph some materials, books, etc., but not film the workshop. If you DO NOT wish to be photographed, let the workshop host know.
Be air Aware because we share the air. Scented products such as hair spray or perfume can aggravate health problems for some people, especially those with asthma, allergies and other medical conditions. These can also trigger reactions such as respiratory distress and headaches. Staff and visitors are encouraged not to wear or use any scented products while at Westcoast.