Creative Dance Experiences for Preschool Children
Children love to dance and this workshop will take you through age-appropriate movement elements and show you how to engage children in dance experiences. The first half of the workshop gets participants comfortable dancing themselves while understanding through experiential learning that presenting dance and dancing with children does not have to be intimidating - in fact, it’s loads of fun!
• Become comfortable dancing with children and learn to incorporate and present dance activities for children.
• Learn the basic structure of a dance class within various settings.
• Understand, through experiential learning, how dance as an expressive medium has the power to engage the body, mind, and heart.
Suitable for students, novice and intermediate early care and learning professionals working with preschool age children (3-5 years old).
- Bring a bag lunch (1/2 hour lunch)
Presenter: Lorraine White-Wilkinson. Lorraine holds a Masters degree in Arts Education with a focus on dance education. She has over 30 years practical experience teaching children of all ages and has been an Artist in Residence for the Vancouver School Board for 15 years. Currently Lorraine teaches preschool dance for the City of Vancouver, Arts Umbrella and The Dance Centre. Lorraine also teaches Dance in Education at Simon Fraser University.
- Requests for cancellations must be received at least 3 business days prior to the workshop date to get a refund, minus any Administration Fees.
- All refunds are subject to a $10 Administration Fee.
- No monies will be refunded or credits offered once the workshop starts, or if it’s missed.
- Westcoast may cancel a workshop at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop description and objectives and make sure the training selected is suitable to their learning needs. If you have a question, call us before registering.
- Only Vancouver CCRR Registered LNRs or Vancouver Licensed Family Child Care Providers qualify to pay the FCC Fee and will need a Promo Code received by email to register. Be sure to use this promo code when registering, as no fee adjustments can be made after registration is confirmed.
- Payment must be made at time of registration to reserve your seat.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to presenter and participants.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop time. Please make child care arrangements.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop to receive a certificate of participation, which will be provided at the end.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop date.
- These are non-credit workshops (cannot be applied towards the completion of a certificate, diploma or degree).
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- If you have questions about a certificate being accepted by the ECE Registry, please contact them at 1-888-338-6622 or
We may take some photographs during workshops with the purpose of promoting our training. By registering you consent to allow us or others attending to take your photograph. If it’s okay with the facilitator, you may photograph some materials, books, etc., but not film the workshop. If you DO NOT wish to be photographed, let the workshop host know.
Be air Aware because we share the air. Scented products such as hair spray or perfume can aggravate health problems for some people, especially those with asthma, allergies and other medical conditions. These can also trigger reactions such as respiratory distress and headaches. Staff and visitors are encouraged not to wear or use any scented products while at Westcoast.
*please review the refund & cancellation policy along with any applicable policies before registering.