Indigenous Cultural Awareness: Leave Your Preconceived Notions At The Door
This workshop will immerse participants in cultural knowledge and encourage an understanding of truth and reconciliation. We will discuss best practices and suggestions to move forward with an open heart and mind.
Gain a better understanding of Musqueam Culture.
Discuss Residential Schools and Truth and Reconciliation.
Develop an understanding of how to embed Social Emotional Learning into all areas of our programs.
Explore how to create positive interactions with indigenous peoples: best practices.
Learn how to let go of some of our perceptions of indigenous peoples that no longer serve us.
« Suitable for students, parents, adult instructors/administrators, novice, intermediate and experienced early care and learning professionals working with children of all ages, from infant/toddlers to school age children, including children with extra support needs.
Terry and Enalyne Point
Enalyne has lived on the Musqueam Reserve for 16 years and has had the privilege to create and lead many First Nations outreach initiatives ranging from pregnant mothers to youth, both on and off Reserve. Enalyne is also a Preschool teacher and Birthing Doula.
Terry is a proud member of the Musqueam Nation and an Aboriginal Support Worker for the Richmond School District. As a Cultural Educator, he has a passion for teaching anyone who is willing to learn.
- Requests for cancellations must be received at least 3 business days prior to the workshop date to get a refund, minus any Administration Fees.
- All refunds are subject to a $10 Administration Fee.
- No monies will be refunded or credits offered once the workshop starts, or if it’s missed.
- Westcoast may cancel a workshop at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund
By submitting this online registration, participants declare they have read, understood and agree with this policy.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop description and objectives and make sure the training selected is suitable to their learning needs. If you have a question, call us before registering.
- Only Vancouver CCRR Registered LNRs or Vancouver Licensed Family Child Care Providers qualify to pay the FCC Fee and will need a Promo Code received by email to register. Be sure to use this promo code when registering, as no fee adjustments can be made after registration is confirmed.
- Payment must be made at time of registration to reserve your seat.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to presenter and participants.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop time. Please make child care arrangements.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop to receive a certificate of participation, which will be provided at the end.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop date.
- These are non-credit workshops (cannot be applied towards the completion of a certificate, diploma or degree).
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- If you have questions about a certificate being accepted by the ECE Registry, please contact them at 1-888-338-6622 or