Mistaken Goals of Behaviour
Location: 2772 East Broadway, Vancouver, BC.
As educators and parents we often ask why children engage in challenging behaviours. Austrian Psychologist and educator Rudolph Dreikurs described four goals of behaviour and proposed that children “misbehave” out of a mistaken assumption that they can gain social status through challenging behaviour.
- Identify Dreikur’s 4 Mistaken Goals of Behaviour.
- Understand these goals and learn how to apply techniques to guide the children in our care.
- Explore helpful ways to respond to challenging behaviour.
« Suitable for parents, students, novice, intermediate and experienced early learning child care professionals working with preschool and school age children.
Presenter: Sarah McCarthy. Sarah created ECE Connect in 2016. She has been in the educational field for over 16 years and has worked in Montessori schools, play-based centers, Reggio Emilia inspired schools and forest schools. She currently manages a preschool and teaches at VCC.
- Requests for cancellations must be received at least 3 business days prior to the workshop/course date to get a refund, minus any Administration Fees.
- All refunds are subject to a $10 Administration Fee except for workshops/courses that are $100 or more, which have a $25 Administration Fee.
- No monies will be refunded or credits offered once the workshop/course starts, or if it's missed.
- Westcoast may cancel a workshop/course at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund.
- By submitting this online participants declare they have read, understood and agree with this policy.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop description and objectives and make sure the training selected is suitable to their learning needs. If you have a question, call us before registering.
- Only Vancouver CCRR Registered LNRs or Vancouver Licensed Family Child Care Providers qualify to pay the FCC Fee and will need a Promo Code received by email to register. Be sure to use this promo code when registering, as no fee adjustments can be made after registration is confirmed.
- Seats are limited. Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Payment must be made at time of registration to reserve your seat.
- Mark dates on your calendar. We will send you an email reminder. Check your email before the workshop.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to presenter and participants.
- Latecomers who arrive after 15 minutes may not be admitted and will not receive a certificate.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop time. Please make child care arrangements.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop to receive a certificate of participation, which will be provided at the end.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop date.
- These are non-credit workshops (cannot be applied towards the completion of a certificate, diploma or degree).
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- If you have questions about a certificate being accepted by the ECE Registry, please contact them at 1-888-338-6622 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or find out more online.