Lead Teacher--Sandpiper Program
Our west side Sandpiper Program is seeking a Lead Teacher to join us for the 2020-21 school term. A week or two of paid training will be expected during our Summer Camps in July.
This is an outdoor program for children aged 2.5-5yrs that happens every day regardless of the weather. We visit local parks between Main St and MacDonald. There is no indoor facility. From time to time the children will ride public transit, visit a seniors home (when safe to do so) and have guest speakers in all with the idea of building community within our programs. Our ideal candidate would have a passion for getting children outside and into nature. While outdoor education experience is preferred, it's not mandatory.
- Experience in outdoor education is prefered.
- Candidate must have all necessary outdoor clothing.
- Valid CPR Cert
- Local VPD Criminal Record Check
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers
- Experience talking to parents in a kind manner
- Minimum 3 years of working in a preschool or daycare setting.
- Preference is given to candidates that have had experience teaching in an outdoor setting.
- ECE certification
- Ensuring the safety of the children in the parks.
- Being the main contact point for parents via text and email.
- Developing emergent curriculum based on the children's interests.
- Ability to work confidently alongside co-teacher.
- Assisting children in connecting with nature via various methods such as plant identification, basic knowledge of local wildlife (birds, insects etc)
- The physical ability to carry a large back pack.
- A commitement to creating and supporting community.
- Updating social media weekly as well as our photo sharing platform, Educa.
Salary & Benefits:
$20-23/hr based on experience.
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Position Notes:
- There will be an opportunity to join our Summer Camps in July.
- Employment Type:
- Part Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Please send along a cover letter and a resume.