The West End Community Centre is seeking a Licensed Preschool Supervisor
- A valid ECE Certificate (Post Basic ECE or Diploma preferred).
- A current License to Practice as an ECE from Community Care Facilities Branch in British Columbia
- Current first aid and CPR certificate as per Child Care Licensing Regulations.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Demonstrated cultural competency within a highly diverse, mixed-income community.
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of Arts (ie. drama, art, voice, etc) and physical activities (ie. games, dance, gross motor, etc).
- Have strong skills in conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Ability to use basic computer software programs ie. Microsoft applications.
- Food Safe Certificate an asset.
- A second language is an asset.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Subject to a police record search clearance.
- 2 years of ECE work experience is preferred
- Assist the Senior Preschool Supervisor to develop, implement, and oversee and a range of developmentally appropriate activities for preschool children including special events and field trips. The supervisor will share in the responsibility to plan and implement developmentally appropriate monthly thematic circle time activities and art activities.
- Ensure guidance of children’s behavior that encourages positive self–esteem.
- Plan and carry out a range of activities and programs to facilitate a preschooler’s understanding of and love for learning.
- Responsible for daily room set up and organization an implementation of daily activities.
- Ensure on-going communication with parents regarding their child’s progress under the direction of the Senior Supervisor.
- Assist the Senior Preschool Supervisor in administrative duties as assigned (i.e. monthly petty cash, newsletters, etc.)
- To ensure that the program meets both health and regulatory requirements of the Community Care Facilities Act.
- Works collaboratively with the senior preschool supervisor, childcare coordinator, and recreation programmer.
Salary & Benefits:
Terms of Employment
- Monday to Thursday (7.9hrs)
- Friday (3.85hrs)
- (35.45) hours per week
- $22.98 per hour
- $2/hr top up from WEG
- Unionized position – CUPE Local 15 – Little Sprout Preschool
- Subject to a 3-month probationary period upon acceptance
West End Community Centre is seeking a Licensed Preschool Supervisor.
This position will start in February 2021 on a full time basis and is subject to a three-month probationary period. The supervisor will be responsible for assisting the Senior Preschool Supervisor in the planning and implementation of preschool program for the licensee - the West End Community Centre Association. This is a licensed Preschool with a total of 40 enrolled children (20 children maximum per class). Our ratio is 2 ECE co-leaders per 20 children.
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- January 22nd, 2021
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Please email your resume and certification directly to Christina Tucker, Child Care Coordinator at The West End Community Centre at email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted, thank you in advance for your interest.