South Vancouver Neighbourhood House will be operating a new licensed 37 space childcare centre located at Fraser and Marine Drive this Fall. We are seeking creative, caring and passionate Toddler ECE for our 12 space Toddler program. Orientation and training will be provided.
- Valid Infant/Toddler Early Childhood Educator License issued by BC ECE Registry.
- Special Needs ECE an asset
- Valid First Aid/CPR and Food Safe
- Clear CRC upon hire
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in a licensed childcare program with children ages 18 to 3 years
- Creative, open minded and team oriented
- Good knowledge and awareness of BC ELF and Reggio inspired practice
- Good knowledge and understanding of child development
- Effective guiding and caring skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Second language in Cantonese, Mandarin, Tagalog, Punjabi, or Hindi an asset
- Use team approach to plan, implement and evaluate a developmentally appropriate, Reggio inspired, inclusive and high-quality program for children ages 18 months to 3 years
- Ensure the safety, health, and well-being of children
- Guide and assist children in the development of daily care routines
- Establish and maintain good communication and rapport with parents and caregivers
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with other community service providers working with children
- Light housekeeping to ensure program facilities and equipment are safe and clean
- May supervise and co-ordinate the activities of Early Childhood Educator Assistants
- Participate in ongoing internal and external professional development
Salary & Benefits:
- Schedule: Monday to Friday, 35hrs/week between the hours of 7:00am to 6:00pm (7hours direct service & 1 hour unpaid break per day)
- Type: Regular full time
- Wage: $21.69/hour plus $2.00/hour MCFD Wage Enhancement for those who qualify
- Benefits: Excellent benefit package including vacation, paid sick-time, medical extended health, dental, pension plans and professional development opportunities
As a non-for-profit organization, Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC (ANHBC) childcare programs are committed to the BC Early Learning Framework, focusing on the areas of Well-being and Belonging: Exploration and Creativity; Languages and Literacies; Social Responsibility and Diversity.
We believe that children are capable individuals who observe the world around them, gather information through natural paly and rich interactions, and that children develop best at their own pace, in an atmosphere of respect and acceptance. Partnership and collaborative relationships are core values in our approach, and we engage families in policy development, program planning and day-to-day channels and discoveries.
We are committed to providing a workplace that fosters; a sense of belonging, opportunities for leaning, collaboration, empowerment, creativity, and innovation.
ANHBC is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals form all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the positions. Our total compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to our staff and their family.
For more information about ANHBC and South Vancouver Neighbourhood House, please visit www.anhbc.org.
- Position Start Date:
- September 13th, 2021
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- June 18th, 2021
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
To Apply: Please email cover letter and resume with subject line “ECE - SVNH” by 5pm on June 18, 2021, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will proactively contact those selected for interviews.