Summer Program Support Worker
The Summer Program Support Worker is an 8-week Canada Summer Jobs position. The Summer Program Support Worker assists the Family Support team to deliver direct playroom programming, create program planning, help with administrative tasks and support families with children 0-12 years of age, as needed, that access our services.
- Planning or working on a University degree in a related discipline, and/or Early Childhood Education certificate. Graduated from high school (Not older than 30 years old as per Canada Summer Jobs guidelines) or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with parents/caregivers and their children birth to twelve years of age.
- Ability to create trusting and meaningful relationships with families and their children.
- Experience working in programs with young children.
- Experience working in and promoting a multicultural setting.
- Experience working in community partnerships an asset.
- Knowledge of community resources and referral processes an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Up to date First Aid certificate and Criminal Record Check.
- Second language is an asset.
- Use of a vehicle an asset.
- Responsible for assisting and supporting the delivery of family resource programs both on-site and at satellite locations throughout Richmond.
- Provides assistance to families accessing our services & drop-in programs including information, education, modeling appropriate behaviour/interactions towards children and stimulating play between caregivers and their children.
- In conjunction with the staff develops, coordinates and delivers programs including literacy programs, special events and outdoor play.
- Provides assessment, referral and one to one support for families when needed.
- Maintains and develops good working relationships with community partners/agencies.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate statistics and report on all family support programs.
Salary & Benefits:
Pay is $15.20/hour
- Applicants must be available for all 8 weeks of the position.
- Not eligible for vacation time.
- Between 30-35 hrs/week
- Some evenings & weekends required.
- Position Start Date:
- July 5th, 2021
- Position End Date:
- August 28th, 2021
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- June 14th, 2021 (or until filled)
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application, Other
- Other Application Instructions:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 14th, 2021 Position will remain open until filled. Thank you in advance for your interest but only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered