Collingwood Early Learning and Care Centre Program Coordinator 1 (Repost)
- Must be 19 years of age and eligible to work in Canada
- Early Childhood Educator License to Practice required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a supervisory position
- Must have or be willing to get a Criminal Record Check Clearance Letter
- Experience working in a licensed child care program
- Current First Aid certificate required
- Strong program planning, organizational, leadership and communication skills required
- Understanding of Emergent Curriculum/Reggio Emilia Philosophy
- Ability to work within a multicultural/intercultural environment
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Preference is given to candidates who are members of the Early Childhood Educators of BC (ECEBC)
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Apply contemporary Early Childhood practices within a Reggio Emilia inspired program
- Lead a team to plan and implement a quality program for young children, maintain healthy relationships and communicate effectively and respectfully with children, families and colleagues.
- Be familiar with the expectations and requirements of Community Care Licensing
- Support each child’s holistic development using the BC Early Learning Framework
- Demonstrate understanding of and respect for the competency of young children
- Be aware of and work within the ECEBC Code of Ethics
- Participate in ongoing professional development
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: $22.23-23.40 +$6 Wage Enhancement per hour for ECE certified staff * (subject to improvement)
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Pension Plan
- Schedule: 35 hours per week (7 hour rotating shifts between 7:30am and 6pm
Collingwood Neighbourhood House’s mandate is to promote the well-being of the Renfrew-Collingwood community by providing leadership and working collaboratively with individuals, families, agencies and other groups to develop and support inclusive, innovative, sustainable initiatives and services that respond to the community’s social, educational, economic, health, cultural and recreational needs.
The Early Years department at CNH promotes and delivers quality of care and age appropriate services and programs to children and families in the Renfrew Collingwood Community. We value rewarding partnerships with the families and children we serve. We believe that every child has the right to play and learn in a safe and nurturing environment and that parents should be able to access affordable, high quality, publicly funded, community delivered services, that meet the needs of the family.
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- February 16th, 2024
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada, with priority given to Canadian Citizens and permanent residents. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application. As per the Collingwood Neighbourhood House Human Resources Policies and Procedures, all factors being equal, first priority will be given to qualified local and internal applicants. We encourage applicants with lived experience of structural inequity to apply, and in particular those who identify as Black, Indigenous, People of Colour, LGBTQ2IA+, and those living with a visible or invisible disability.
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Manager of Childcare Human Resources
Collingwood Neighbourhood House
5288 Joyce Street, Vancouver, BC V5R 6C9
Please quote reference # CH21-24-01 (Repost)
CLOSING DATE: February 16, 2024
We thank all individuals who apply for this position and will be contacting shortlisted candidates directly.
No phone calls please.