Administration For Family Child Care Course
Location: 2772 East Broadway, Vancouver, BC.
3 Sundays: January 13, 20 & 27, 2019
Through three interactive sessions, this 15-hour course guides participants to explore best practices in family child care as well as basic business skills such as how to project a family child care business budget, record keeping, organising expenses and paperwork to be ready for tax season. We will identify and review policies and procedures needed in family child care and as a final assignment participants will create or review and update their own parent's manual containing their centre's policies, contracts daily schedule, programming, etc. (i.e. Parent Package).
Suitable for registered or licensed family child care providers who would like to refine their administration skills and/or review ther Parent Package. This course is also for participants who have taken Westcoast's 20-hour Responsible Adult course and would like to continue their career in child care by opening their own family child care business.
Note:This 15-hour course alone does not qualify participants to become registered or licensed family child care providers, or open a family child care business. For more information contact your local Child Care Resource and Referral Office (CCRR) or Licensing Office.
- Become familiar with CCRR best practices in family child care.
- Identify and review policies and procedures and create a Parent Package (parent’s manual containing centre’s policies, contracts, daily schedule, programming, etc.) or review and update an existing one.
- Explore basic business practices.
- Obtain basic knowledge about Child Care Subsidy.
- Learn effective strategies for forming positive relationships with families.
Instructor: Vesna Krcmar is an experienced facilitator and Early Childhood Educator, currently working as a Vancouver CCRR Child Care Services Consultant at Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre. She brings a rich background in working with 0-5 year old children in both family child care and group care settings and as a Westcoast’s facilitators for the 35-hour Introduction to Family Child Care Course and the 20-hour Responsible Adult in Child Care Settings.
- Requests for cancellations must be received at least 3 business days prior to the workshop date to get a refund, minus any Administration Fees.
- All refunds are subject to a $10 Administration Fee.
- No monies will be refunded or credits offered once the workshop starts, or if it’s missed.
- Westcoast may cancel a workshop at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop description and objectives and make sure the training selected is suitable to their learning needs. If you have a question, call us before registering.
- Only Vancouver CCRR Registered LNRs or Vancouver Licensed Family Child Care Providers qualify to pay the FCC Fee and will need a Promo Code received by email to register. Be sure to use this promo code when registering, as no fee adjustments can be made after registration is confirmed.
- Payment must be made at time of registration to reserve your seat.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to presenter and participants.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop time. Please make child care arrangements.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop to receive a certificate of participation, which will be provided at the end.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop date.
- These are non-credit workshops (cannot be applied towards the completion of a certificate, diploma or degree).
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- If you have questions about a certificate being accepted by the ECE Registry, please contact them at 1-888-338-6622 or
We may take some photographs during workshops with the purpose of promoting our training. By registering you consent to allow us or others attending to take your photograph. If it’s okay with the facilitator, you may photograph some materials, books, etc., but not film the workshop. If you DO NOT wish to be photographed, let the workshop host know.
Be air Aware because we share the air. Scented products such as hair spray or perfume can aggravate health problems for some people, especially those with asthma, allergies and other medical conditions. These can also trigger reactions such as respiratory distress and headaches. Staff and visitors are encouraged not to wear or use any scented products while at Westcoast.