Beyond Behaviour: Raising Resilience for Children with Autism, ADHD and Anxiety
This workshop will allow you to discover the science behind the symptoms and obtain insights for early identification of soft signs and red flags. You will identify activities that build strong foundations and create habits that allow the forces of Nature and Nurture to work together. You will develop strategies that give rise to resilient futures for our children.
- Discover the science behind the symptoms.
- Understand the importance of early identification of soft signs and red flags.
- Learn activities that build strong foundations.
- Discuss how to develop habits that give rise to resilience.
« Bring a bag lunch (½ hour lunch).
« Suitable for parents, students, adult instructors/administrators, novice, intermediate and experienced early learning child care professionals working with children of any age from infant/toddler, preschool to school age children, including children with extra support needs.
Presenter: Michelle Riddle. Michelle is a Pediatric Occupational Therapist with additional training in the field of Natural Nutrition. She provides “Resilience” based services to families and consults with medical professionals, teachers and clinicians at national and international levels. Her leading-edge work in the areas of learning disabilities, dyspraxia, sensory-motor integration, and self-regulation has been conference acclaimed.
- Requests for cancellations must be received at least 3 business days prior to the workshop/course date to get a refund, minus any Administration Fees.
- All refunds are subject to a $10 Administration Fee except for workshops/courses that are $100 or more, which have a $25 Administration Fee.
- No monies will be refunded or credits offered once the workshop/course starts, or if it's missed.
- Westcoast may cancel a workshop/course at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund.
- By submitting this online participants declare they have read, understood and agree with this policy.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop description and objectives and make sure the training selected is suitable to their learning needs. If you have a question, call us before registering.
- Only Vancouver CCRR Registered LNRs or Vancouver Licensed Family Child Care Providers qualify to pay the FCC Fee and will need a Promo Code received by email to register. Be sure to use this promo code when registering, as no fee adjustments can be made after registration is confirmed.
- Seats are limited. Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Payment must be made at time of registration to reserve your seat.
- Mark dates on your calendar. We will send you an email reminder. Check your email before the workshop.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to presenter and participants.
- Latecomers who arrive after 15 minutes may not be admitted and will not receive a certificate.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop time. Please make child care arrangements.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop to receive a certificate of participation, which will be provided at the end.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop date.
- These are non-credit workshops (cannot be applied towards the completion of a certificate, diploma or degree).
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- If you have questions about a certificate being accepted by the ECE Registry, please contact them at 1-888-338-6622 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or find out more online.
*please review the refund & cancellation policy along with any applicable policies before registering.