Introduction to Family Child Care Course
7 Sundays Aug. 11, 18, 25 and Sep. 8, 15, 22 & 29 (no class Sep. 1st).
This 35-hour course teaches participants how to open and run their own Family Child Care centre in their homes, for 2 to 7 children (LNR and Licensed). Through interactive sessions, participants learn about Child Growth & Development, Guiding & Caring, Health & Nutrition, Learning through Play, Safety & Emergency Procedures, Family Child Care Business Management, the child care subsidy process, and the LNR registration and licensing procedures. As the final assignment, participants will develop their own “Parent Package” (parent’s manual containing the centre’s policies, contracts, programming, daily schedule, etc.) which they must satisfactorily complete in order to receive a certificate of completion.
• Bring a 2-inch binder for your course materials.
• Bring a bag lunch (1/2 hour lunch break)
Important: Carefully read all policies.
Suitable for anyone wanting to open and operate their own family childcare business from their home. Also suitable for current family childcare providers referred for further training.
Instructor: Vesna Krcmar is an experienced facilitator and Early Childhood Educator, currently working as a Vancouver CCRR Child Care Services Consultant at Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre. She brings a rich background in working with 0-5 year old children in both family child care and group care settings and as a Westcoast’s facilitators for the 35-hour Introduction to Family Child Care Course and the 20-hour Responsible Adult in Child Care Settings.
1. Requests for cancellations must be received at least 3 business days prior to the course start date to get a refund, minus any Administration Fees.
2. All refunds are subject to a $25 Administration Fee.
3. No monies will be refunded or credits offered once the course starts.
4. Westcoast may cancel a course at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund.
5. If first class is missed registrants forfeit their fee. There will be no refund or credit.
1. It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop description and objectives and make sure the training selected is suitable to their learning needs. If you have a question, contact Rosa at 604.709.5661 ext 221 or email at email@example.com before registering.
2. Payment must be made at time of registration to reserve your seat.
3. Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to presenter and participants.
4. We are unable to accommodate children during course hours. Please make child care arrangements.
5. Participants must stay for the full course to receive a certificate of participation, which will be provided at the end.
6. There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the course start date.
7. These are non-credit workshops (cannot be applied towards the completion of a certificate, diploma or degree).
8. Participants must abide by the Classroom Code of Conduct.
9. Be air Aware. Scented products such as hair spray or perfume can aggravate health problems for some people. Visitors are encouraged not to wear or use any scented products while at Westcoast.
Missed Class Policy:
1. Anyone missing more than 1 session will need to take the entire course again at full fee.
2. If a session is missed, participants may make it up the next time the course is offered and within 1 year from the course end date; unless it is the first class.
3. There will be a $15 fee to make up a missed session.
4. Certificates of completion may be picked up after making up the missed session
We may take some photographs during workshops with the purpose of promoting our training. By registering you consent to allow us or others attending to take your photograph. If it’s okay with the facilitator, you may photograph some materials, books, etc., but not film the workshop. If you DO NOT wish to be photographed, let the workshop host know.
Be air Aware because we share the air. Scented products such as hair spray or perfume can aggravate health problems for some people, especially those with asthma, allergies and other medical conditions. These can also trigger reactions such as respiratory distress and headaches. Staff and visitors are encouraged not to wear or use any scented products while at Westcoast.