Responsible Adult in Child Care Settings Course
Tuesdays & Thursdays from April 2 to 25, 2019
(April 2, 4, 9, 11, 16, 18, 23 & 25)
This course was developed by Westcoast to meet the requirement for 20 hours “Responsible Adult” training as stipulated by the Child Care Regulation. Through interactive sessions, it covers basic concepts about child development from birth to 12 years of age, child guidance, health, safety and nutrition and programming.
The workbook is included in the course fee. This is a non-credit course (cannot be applied towards the completion of a degree).
- School Age Group Child Care (licensed).
- Occasional Child Care (licensed).
- As a replacement or a substitute/casual on call for Early Childhood Education Assistants in licensed group child care centres or preschools.
- Casual family drop-in programs, family child care assistants or other related positions.
- For more information read the Child Care Licensing Regulation at: www.health.gov.bc.ca/ccf/child_care.html
• Be 19 years of age at the time of registration.
• Have Grade 8 English written and oral skills (or equivalent) to actively participate during class.
• Bring a 2-inch binder for your course materials.
• The first class is mandatory. The entire course builds on the first day and it is essential to the subsequent classes.
• Participants must attend all sessions and hand in all open-book quizzes scoring at least 70% on each one in order to receive a certificate of completion.
• Carefully read all policies.
Instructor: Vesna Krcmar is an experienced facilitator and Early Childhood Educator, currently working as a Vancouver CCRR Child Care Services Consultant at Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre. She brings a rich background in working with 0-5 year old children in both family child care and group care settings and as a facilitator for the 35-hour Introduction to Family Child Care Course and the 20-hour Responsible Adult in Child Care Settings Course.
1. Requests for cancellations must be received at least 3 business days prior to the course start date to get a refund, minus any Administration Fees.
2. All refunds are subject to a $25 Administration Fee.
3. No monies will be refunded or credits offered once the course starts.
4. Westcoast may cancel a course at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund.
5. If first class is missed registrants forfeit their fee. There will be no refund or credit.
1. It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop description and objectives and make sure the training selected is suitable to their learning needs. If you have a question, contact Rosa at 604.709.5661 ext 221 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org before registering.
2. Payment must be made at time of registration to reserve your seat.
3. Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to presenter and participants.
4. We are unable to accommodate children during course hours. Please make child care arrangements.
5. Participants must stay for the full course to receive a certificate of participation, which will be provided at the end.
6. There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the course start date.
7. These are non-credit workshops (cannot be applied towards the completion of a certificate, diploma or degree).
8. Participants must abide by the Classroom Code of Conduct.
9. Be air Aware. Scented products such as hair spray or perfume can aggravate health problems for some people.Visitors are encouraged not to wear or use any scented products while at Westcoast.
Missed Class Policy:
1. Anyone missing more than 1 session will need to take the entire course again at full fee.
2. If a session is missed, participants may make it up the next time the course is offered and within 1 year from the course end date; unless it is the first class.
3. There will be a $15 fee to make up a missed session.
4. Certificates of completion may be picked up after making up the missed session.