Room Makeovers: Using Community Resources and Loose Parts
Inspiring room makeovers don't have to cost a fortune. With community connections and an understanding of the concept of loose parts the possibilities are endless. Of course if there is some money, there are many creative ways to make your dollar go further.
Understand how to use community resources and loose parts.
Learn how to make inexpensive room changes with big impacts.
Acquire inspirational ideas to make environments more open ended.
« Bring a bag lunch (½ hour lunch).
« Suitable for students, parents, novice, intermediate and experienced early care and learning professionals working with children of all ages, from infant/toddlers to school age children.
Presenter: Kristi Schwandt. Kristi took Fine Arts upon high school graduation, traveled, worked for airlines, did picture framing before finding the profession of ECE in her late 20's. She learned and practiced responsive curriculum inspired by Reggio Emilia and never looked back. Recently, she has been working as an ECE Facilitator for the City of Surrey, providing training and support for preschool instructors. Currently she is designing and remodeling City of Surrey preschool environments.
- Requests for cancellations must be received at least 3 business days prior to the workshop/course date to get a refund, minus any Administration Fees.
- All refunds are subject to a $10 Administration Fee except for workshops/courses that are $100 or more, which have a $25 Administration Fee.
- No monies will be refunded or credits offered once the workshop/course starts, or if it's missed.
- Westcoast may cancel a workshop/course at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund.
- By submitting this online participants declare they have read, understood and agree with this policy.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop description and objectives and make sure the training selected is suitable to their learning needs. If you have a question, call us before registering.
- Only Vancouver CCRR Registered LNRs or Vancouver Licensed Family Child Care Providers qualify to pay the FCC Fee and will need a Promo Code received by email to register. Be sure to use this promo code when registering, as no fee adjustments can be made after registration is confirmed.
- Seats are limited. Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Payment must be made at time of registration to reserve your seat.
- Mark dates on your calendar. We will send you an email reminder. Check your email before the workshop.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to presenter and participants.
- Latecomers who arrive after 15 minutes may not be admitted and will not receive a certificate.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop time. Please make child care arrangements.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop to receive a certificate of participation, which will be provided at the end.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop date.
- These are non-credit workshops (cannot be applied towards the completion of a certificate, diploma or degree).
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- If you have questions about a certificate being accepted by the ECE Registry, please contact them at 1-888-338-6622 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or find out more online.
*please review the refund & cancellation policy along with any applicable policies before registering.