Supervisor 3 -5 program Temporary Maternity Leave Position
Facility: McGregor Child Care Society
Type of Child Care: 3 - 5 Years
Qualifications: Post Basic ECE
- Valid First Aid Certificate.
- A satisfactory current Criminal record check for working with children.
- 2 years’ experience in a supervisory position and managing a staff team.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with children and families in a licensed group childcare program for 3-5 year olds.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Email.
- Knowledge of children's development, agency policies and human resources procedures.
- High standard of professionalism.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen and respond appropriately.
- High energy level with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to maintain trust and confidential information.
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Responsible for the daily functioning of the program following Center goals, Policies and Procedures, Health and Safety Standards and Licencing requirements.
- Support the work and direction of McGregor as directed by the Board and Management.
- Maintain full enrolment of the centre and coordinate in-centre transfers to the 3-5 year old program.
- Schedule and conduct parent meetings and orientations.
- Secure supplies, food and equipment as necessary for the centre within established budget.
- Coordinate practicum and volunteer placements.
- Work cooperatively as a member of a team and discuss and deal with any issues relating to the staff, parents or children, as they arise.
- Prepare agenda and lead staff meetings and record minutes.
- Responsible for the scheduling of staff and substitutes and maintain required staff/child ratio.
- Liaison with Special Needs Worker, Supervisors, Manager and other stakeholders regarding activities involving the program and whole centre.
- Develop, direct and supervise the daily program for the children both in an integrated group and one/one setting with respect to the physical, intellectual, emotional and social needs and development of the children.
- Work directly with the children.
Salary & Benefits:
$23.47/hr - $25.25/hr depending on education & experience.
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- November 30th, 2020
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Please email cover letter & resume no later than Monday November 30th 2020 to: