Strengthening Program and Family Connections
This is a multi-day workshop. Please ensure you are available for all the dates listed below:
Online Wednesday June 22 & Thursday June 23, 2022 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Date: Jun 22, 2022 | Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Date: Jun 23, 2022 | Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Parents/Guardians have busy lives and educators seem to have very little and precious time to connect with them, especially with physical distancing protocols. This workshop will explore various strategies educators can engage to build those critical relationships one step at a time. We will widen our view of parent engagement and collaboration to go beyond the "parent meeting" and "volunteering" perspectives on building relationships with families.
Well-being and belonging.
Engagement with others, materials, and the world.
Identities, social responsibility, and diversity.
Joy in relationships with people, place, materials and ideas.
Culture and worldviews.
Diversity and difference.
Safety and respect.
Emotions, thoughts, and views.
Suitable for students, parents, adult instructors/administrators, intermediate and experienced early care and learning professionals working with children of all ages, from infants/toddlers to school age children, including children with extra support needs.
Facilitator(s): Etovre Vese
Etovre has enjoyed 30 years in the ECE field working with children, families, community partners and ECE students. She has worn several hats over the course of her career in ECE as an ECE, ECE Program Coordinator in a post secondary institution, Union Bargaining Representative, and currently an ECE Instructor to name a few. This diversity of experiences has been a gift and benefit in developing an open and curious attitude working with both children and adults in early childhood education.
- Requests for cancellations must be received at least 3 business days prior to the workshop/course date to get a refund, minus any Administration Fees.
- All refunds are subject to a $10 Administration Fee, except for workshops/courses that are $100 or more, which have a $25 Administration Fee.
- No monies will be refunded or credits offered once the workshop/course starts, or if it’s missed.
- Westcoast may cancel a workshop/course at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund.
- If a class is missed, registrants forfeit their fee and there will be no refund or credit.
By registering for a workshop / course participants declare they have read, understood and agree with these policies.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop/course description and objectives and make sure the training selected is suitable for their learning needs.
- Only Vancouver CCRR Registered LNRs or Vancouver Licensed Family Child Care Providers qualify to pay the FCC Fee and will need to state this when they create their account on our website and be approved for this access. When you are an approved CCRR Registered LNR or Vancouver Licensed Family Child Care Provider, these reduced fees will automatically be applied to your registration for all applicable workshops.
- Participants must be 19 years of age to work with children.
- Minimum Grade 8 high-school English understanding, written and oral skills or equivalent are necessary to actively participate in class.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop/course to receive a certificate.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to the presenter and participants.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop/course time. Please make childcare arrangements.
- Payment must be made at the time of registration to confirm a seat.
- Receipts are available on your account at wccrc.ca/login
- Handouts (if any) are sent by email.
- Certificates can be reprinted or downloaded from your account at any time after you complete the full workshop or course.
- Everyone in the class must abide by the Classroom Code of Conduct.
- These are non-credit workshops/courses, meaning they cannot be applied towards the completion of a university or college certificate, diploma or degree.
- If you have questions about a certificate being accepted by the ECE Registry, please contact them at 1-888-338-6622 or look on their website here: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/education-training/early-learning/teach/training-and-professional-development/become-an-early-childhood-educator/renew-maintain-ece-certification
We are all guests in the training room. In an effort to maintain a safe and welcoming environment, we ask that we follow these guidelines:
- Respect people’s choices, experiences and feelings.
- One person speaks at a time.
- Participate actively by including your voice and make space for other voices to be heard.
- Respect confidentiality, what is said in the group, stays in the group. Speak in private with the instructor if necessary.
- Assume the best intent. This is a space to learn and sometimes that means making mistakes.
- Take care of yourself, whatever that may look like.
- Mute your microphone to reduce background noise and unmute it for group discussions, to comment or ask questions.
By registering for a workshop/course participants declare they have read, understood and agree with all policies.
In keeping with our eco-conscious goal of reducing paper use, handouts, resources and certificates will be sent by email. In this way, participants will have a resource that can be saved and viewed across various devices, shared and printed anytime.
We may take some photographs (including a Zoom group picture) during workshops/courses with the purpose of promoting our training. By registering you consent to allow us or others attending to take your photograph. If it’s okay with the facilitator, you may photograph materials, slides, books, etc., but not film the workshop.
Early Childhood Educators (ECEs) require a minimum of 40 hours of professional development to renew a certificate to practice. Select topics you would like to expand on or that you’re passionate about.
Registered Family Child Care Providers (RLNR) are required to complete at least 4 hours of professional development before their annual renewal date.
Visit our Workshops Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
To register for this workshop please sign in or create an account.
Registration closes: June 22nd
Spaces available: 14
Credit Hours: 4
RLNR or FCC Fee: $50.00