By registering for a workshop/course participants declare they have read, understood and agree with all policies.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop/course description and make sure the training selected is suitable for their learning needs.
- Only Vancouver CCRR Registered LNRs or Vancouver Licensed Family Child Care Providers qualify to pay the FCC Fee and will need the Promo Code received by email to register. Use the promo code when registering, as no fee adjustments can be made after registration is confirmed. The Promo Code is not applicable for all courses.
- Participants must be 19 years of age at the time of registration.
- The equivalent of Grade 8 high-school English understanding, written and oral skills are necessary to actively participate in class.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop/course to receive a certificate.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to facilitator and participants.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop/course time. Please make childcare arrangements.
- Payment must be made at the time of registration to confirm a seat. Registration is online only.
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop/course date.
- Everyone in the class must abide by the Classroom Code of Conduct.
- These are non-credit workshops/courses, meaning they cannot be applied towards the completion of a university or college certificate, diploma or degree.
- If you have questions about a certificate being accepted by the ECE Registry, please contact them at 1-888-338-6622 or look on their website here: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/education-training/early-learning/teach/training-and-professional-development/become-an-early-childhood-educator/renew-maintain-ece-certification
- While facilitators strive to cover each workshop's content as outlined in the description as closely as possible, it is important to point out that each educator is on an individual and unique learning pathway.
- Requests for cancellations must be received at least 3 business days prior to the workshop/course date to get a refund, minus any Administration Fees.
- All refunds are subject to a $10 Administration Fee, except for workshops/courses that are $100 or more, which have a $25 Administration Fee.
- No monies will be refunded or credits offered once the workshop/course starts, or if it’s missed.
- Westcoast may cancel a workshop/course at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund.
- If a class is missed registrants forfeit their fee and there will be no refund or credit.
We are all guests in the training room. In an effort to maintain a safe and welcoming environment, we ask that we follow these guidelines:
- Respect people’s choices, experiences and feelings.
- One person speaks at a time.
- Participate actively by including your voice and make space for other voices to be heard.
- Respect confidentiality, what is said in the group, stays in the group. Speak in private with the instructor if necessary.
- Assume the best intent. This is a space to learn and sometimes that means making mistakes.
- Take care of yourself, whatever that may look like.
- Mute your microphone to reduce background noise and unmute it for group discussions, to comment or ask questions.
At our virtual workshop, make sure you find a safe and comfortable place to learn, it might be your home or your work. Please understand that presenters and hosts are also not in a professional studio but in a part of our own home, and some of us may have others sharing our space. Our virtual workshops are an opportunity for us to connect and learn from each other.
Workshop slides are copyrighted material and intellectual property which belongs to the facilitator; these are NOT usually shared with participants. Please do not take any screenshots. We will email you materials related to the topic after the session.
In keeping with our eco-conscious goal of reducing paper use, handouts, if any will be sent by email after each workshop. In this way, participants will have a resource that can be saved and viewed across various devices, shared and printed anytime.
We may take some photographs during workshops/courses with the purpose of promoting our training. By registering you consent to allow us or others attending to take your photograph. If it’s okay with the facilitator, you may photograph materials, slides, books, etc., but not film the workshop. If you DO NOT wish to be photographed, let the workshop host know.
Sessions are never recorded. If agreed with the facilitator, you may photograph materials, slides, books, etc., but participants are not allowed to film the workshop or take photos with children’s images on it.
Early Childhood Educators (ECEs) require a minimum of 40 hours of professional development to renew a certificate to practice. Select topics you would like to expand on or that you’re passionate about.
Registered Family Child Care Providers (RLNR) are required to complete at least 4 hours of professional development before their annual renewal date.
Visit our Workshops Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).