With nearly 12,000 items available on a broad range of topics from ECE theory and program planning to diversity and anti-bias education, the WELL carries everything from children's board books to music and sensory kits.Learn More
Providing Child Care
Providing early care and education for young children is a commitment that must be carefully considered. Quality early care and learning professionals are needed more than ever before. It is important to understand what type of work you want to do and how you want to be educated or trained.
- What age of children do you want to work with?
- Do you want to provide care in your home or do you want to work for someone else?
- Are you interested in child care as a business or as a non-profit, community based service?
There are many choices in front of you. View the resources below and the services available to child care providers through WCCRC to help you make these determinations.
If you don't live in Vancouver, please visit the CCRR website for a list of other Child Care Resource and Referral (CCRR) centres across BC.
Administration & Management for Child Care
Our 40-hour Administration & Management for Child Care: Instructor-Guided online course and our self-paced 12-hour Administation and Management for Child Care: Self-Guided online course, are now open for registration in the EYPDHub. Enroll in the 40-hour course to take advantage of the professional development $500 bursary available until 2024.
WCCRC Administration & Management for Child Care Knowledge Base is a comprehensive online information database for ECE leaders, with detailed guidance on all areas of child care leadership. Available by yearly subscription.
WCCRC Services For Professionals
- Professional development through training and workshops for continued learning and connection with colleagues.
- An active job posting board for employers and job seekers.
- A comprehensive database of child care and related programs in Vancouver for parent referrals.