Preschool Supervisor (Maternity Leave Coverage)
- Completion of Early Childhood Educator Certificate and valid license to practice.
- Current 1st Aid and CPR certification.
- Current criminal record check.
- Documented compliance with BC’s immunization and tuberculosis control programs.
- Current Level 1 Foodsafe certificate or Food Safety Certificate (www.health.gov.bc.ca/protect/food-safety-module/files/home.htm)
- Healthy Eating in Child Care Setting Certificate (learninghub.phsa.ca/Courses/6820/healthy-eating-in-the-childcare-setting-divisio
- Anaphylaxis in Child Care Setting Certificate (www.allergyaware.ca/)
- High 5 – PHCD Certificate (www.bcrpa.bc.ca/recreation_parks/recreation/high_five/overview.htm)
- Early Learning Framework Certificate (ocr.openschool.bc.ca/course/index.php?categoryid=6)
- Connecting with Families Certificate (ocr.openschool.bc.ca/course/index.php?categoryid=6)
- 2nd language an asset.
- Class 4 driver’s license and asset.
- 2-3 years experience providing care and mature guidance to preschool children in a daycare or recreational setting.
- 1-2 years supervising and supporting staff.
- Knowledge and awareness of issues surrounding diversity and multiculturalism.
- A high level of functional spoken and written English skills sufficient to ensure successful communication with staff, children and parents
- Experience in administration and management in a community based non-profit.
- Experience monitoring budgets.
- Knowledge of Community Care Licensing regulations.
The Preschool Supervisor is responsible for overseeing, planning and implementation of one of BNH’s 3 preschool programs.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes Neighbourhood House program philosophy by ensuring programs have the opportunities to interconnect and achieve client integration across program areas.
- To ensure all policies and procedures, as set by the board, are followed.
- To ensure a quality program for participants, ensuring social, physical, creative, and emotional needs are being met in conjunction with the Hub Coordinator.
- To ensure responsible management of budget.
- To maintain records and guidelines in accordance with licensing regulations.
- To provide initial orientation for new families.
- To provide monthly statistics as required for agency and childcare branch.
- Plan and implement open house with the Hub Coordinator.
- Participate in community dinners and other BNH events as required.
- To maintain positive relationships with other groups/programs at all site.
- To address parent concerns.
- Other tasks as required (participating in and/or conducting training sessions, conducting program evaluations, etc).
Salary & Benefits:
Supervisors work 35 hours a week with 25 of those hours in direct program. As this position is to cover a maternity leave the contract is from April 1st-June 28th, 2019 and then from September 3rd, 2019 – March 31st, 2020 with the possibility of continuing on in the position if the current supervisor does not return. Preschool supervisors do not work during the winter or spring break. Starting wage is $19.20 with the possibility of benefits after 3 months if you qualify. 4% holiday pay will be added to pay.
The Preschool Supervisor reports to and is supported by the Hub Coordinator.
- Position Start Date:
- March 25th, 2019
- Position End Date:
- April 1st, 2020
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Contact Name:
- Hiring Committee
- Application Closing Date:
- February 22nd, 2019
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Please reply with resume and cover letter quoting the position you are applying for along with copies of training certificates to:
Burnaby Neighbourhood House
We thank all who apply however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls please.