Early Childhood Educator
- Valid ECE or ECEA License to practice with a valid First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in licensed daycare
- Knowledge of The Reggio Emilia approach
- Success implementing licensing requirements
- Minimum age 19 years (as per licensing regulations)
- Planning, organizational, leadership, and communication skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multi-programmed environment and with families
- Ability to work cooperatively in a non-profit and volunteer-based organization
- Attitudes and values which are compatible with the goals and philosophy of Kitsilano Neighbourhood House
- Willingness to engage in the development and implementation of special events and celebrations hosted by the Neighbourhood House.
- Creativity, initiative, enthusiasm, flexibility and a good sense of humor.
Bumble Bear Daycare is a Reggio-inspired 25 space daycare for 3 – 5 year olds. We are seeking a motivated and experienced Early Childhood Educator to be part of our dynamic team, where your love of working with children and dedication to early childhood education, to young children and to their families will flourish. Working at a neighbourhood house is a place for everyone where your skills and gifts matter. We provide ongoing opportunities for professional development and mentorship. At Bumble Bear Daycare the children are at the heart of the program, we base all of our curriculum and programming based upon our children’s needs, interests and gifts.
Ideally you must have knowledge and experience in emergent curriculum and an appreciation and understanding of co-learning with children. Candidates will have experience in a community-centred approach that emphasizes the natural environment and artistic expressions. We are looking for candidates who have innovative ideas about learning through play environments and can implement these ideas in a team-environment.
Salary & Benefits:
$18.10-$20.25/hour based on experience +$1 BC ECE Wage Enhancement for ECE’s and benefits
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- until filled
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application