School Age Supervisor
- Passion in working with school age children and learning.
- An eagerness to work as part of a collaborative, supportive and dynamic team in a non-profit and volunteer-based organization
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in a licensed childcare or recreational setting with school age children in a supervisory role.
- ECE License or Responsible Adult for School Age Certificate.
- Special Needs ECE License to Practice or equivalent training and experience an asset.
- Valid First Aid & Food Safe. Clear Criminal Record and Dr's note upon hire required.
- Class 4 Drivers License an asset.
- Knowledge of the BC Early Learning Framework.
- Sound knowledge of child development and experience working with children with special needs.
- Strength in building and maintaining collaborative relationships with the children, families, colleagues, and other community members.
- Strong leadership, planning, communication and organizational skills.
- Able to multitask and problem solve.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365.
- Value and enjoy working in a diverse and inclusive environment.
South Vancouver Neighbourhood House (SVNH) is seeking an energetic, passionate and creative Out of School Care (OSC) Supervisor to lead an offsite OSC program licensed for 30 children.
- Responsible for the leadership, supervision and administration of the OSC program.
- Lead the team in planning, developing, evaluating and implementing an emergent curriculum that is inclusive and developmentally appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with the childcare leadership team.
- Ensures the program follows the Vancouver Coastal Health Childcare Licensing standards and SVNH program policies and procedures.
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with the children, families, colleagues and community service providers.
- Mentor and coach staff and supervise practicum students and volunteers.
- Assist in leading SVNH OSC fundraising projects.
- Participates in ongoing internal and external professional development.
Salary & Benefits:
- Job Type: Full Time, Monday to Friday, 35hrs/week
- Start Date: As soon as position is filled
- Salary & Benefits: $21-22.20 (dependant upon qualifications) plus excellent benefit package including 3 weeks vacation first year, paid sick time, medical, extended health, dental, pension plan and exceptional professional development opportunities.
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- March 20th, 2020 (or until filled)
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
The Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position. Our total compensation and benefits package reflect our commitment to our staff and their family. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, with subject line “Out of School Care Supervisor - SVNH” by 5pm by March 20,2020, in confidence to:
Jeanette Wong, Childcare Director
6470 Victoria Drive
Vancouver, BC V5P 3X7
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will proactively contact only those selected for interviews.