Infant Toddler/ ECE
Facility: TWN Child and Family Development Centre
City: North Vancouver
Type of Child Care Infant/Toddler
Qualifications Post Basic ECE
- Valid First Aid/CPR Certificate.
- Up-to-date record of immunizations and tuberculosis test.
- Statement from a medical practitioner indicating adequate physical and psychological capability to work with children and carry out assigned duties.
- Must maintain regular attendance and be flexible to accommodate changing schedules.
- Must successfully pass a Criminal Records Check - vulnerable populations
- Previous experience of 1 year working with children in a child care/recreation setting.
- Ensure the Infant/Toddler program meets all requirements of the Child Care Licensing Regulations on a daily basis.
- Adhere to the Child and Family Development Centre’s philosophy and Schedule D&G of the Child Care Licensing Regulation
- Building a curriculum that is developmentally appropriate for children under 3.
- Prepare activity documentation to support childcare learning
- Cooperate with management and staff to individualize the curriculum and family services.
- Ensure guidance of children that encourages positive self-esteem.
- Ensure positive communications with parents/guardians.
- Contribute to the on-going operation of the Centre.
- Facilitate a respectful conflict resolution process when dealing with difficult staff and parent/guardian issues.
- Implement a problem solving approach with practical solutions when faced with difficult situations.
- Maintain a neat, orderly and clean environment in all activity and program areas.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to the Centre, staff, children and their families.
- Encourage potty training and/or change diapers when needed.
- Supervising while children are eating and bottle feeding
- Ensure that children are safe at all times and recognize children who are potentially at risk and take appropriate action.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Salary & Benefits:
- Comprehensive Benefits & Pension plans
- Salary is dependent upon education and experience
- Position Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- April 3rd, 2020
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application
- Other Application Instructions:
Please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com