Hiring a Passionate, Reflective, Creative Early Childhood Educator
- Valid Basic BC ECE Certificate. Post basic, Special needs-Inclusive practices and /or Infant Toddler certificate an asset.
- Valid First Aid Certificate, Medical Clearance.
- Clear Criminal Record Check.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Strong command of english verbal and written skills.
- Provide three work related references.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
How You Fit In
You are energetic, passionate, kind, creative, reflective, intentional in your work with children, enthusiastic about teaching and learning in a diverse community. You are interested in designing curriculum responsive to children’s emerging interests, the Reggio Emilia philosophy, social justice and anti-bias approaches. You are familiar with multiple forms of Pedagogical Narration and very familiar with the revised B.C. Early Learning Framework.
The teacher shall work to the best of their abilities to work together as a team to create an emergent curriculum best described as the Reggio Emilia Philosophy.
Salary & Benefits:
Compensation will be negotiated depending on qualifications and experience. Compensation includes Winter break and 1 week at Spring break.
Please write a cover letter including the following:
- The philosophies that form your teaching.
- Your inquiries and interests that guide your thinking regarding early childhood and learning.
- Position Start Date:
- September 1st, 2020
- Position End Date:
- June 30th, 2021
- Position Notes:
- Maternity Leave Position
- Employment Type:
- Part Time
- Employment Term:
- Hours Per Week:
- Application Closing Date:
- July 15th, 2020
- Application Instructions:
- Email Application